jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I want to join Amazon Affiliate Program, but...

1. Cardia profile image89
    Cardiaposted 4 years ago

I want to join the Amazon Affiliate Program soon (I'm going to try to publish at least 10 Hubs before I apply for it)
    I was going to apply for it through Hubpages, but now I'm seeing in the FAQs (http://hubpages.com/faq/#amazon-signup) that I have to be a member of the Hubpages Earnings Program. I'm not a member of the HEP because from what I understand, it needs PayPal, and I don't think that PayPal is supported in my country (Barbados)

So would it be better for me to apply to Amazon directly, or would applying through Hubpages result in more revenue for me?
    Thanks you!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As of right now, you cannot apply through the HEP - it is still not set up.  You can apply yourself (using the links in "my account", "earnings", "configure" for Amazon.

Unfortunately, HP is going to switch over completely to the HubPages Earning Program for all amazon affiliates - this will mean the use of PayPal.  It is scheduled to happen at any time, whereupon that FAQ will go into affect.

Unless you have other sources to earn from Amazon it won't mean much - before you can build any earnings at all, HP will have switched you over to the HEP (assuming you sign up for that).  The only other option is to go ahead and sell through your hubs (with your own affiliate), but you are limited to two links to Amazon without using the capsules, which will only work through the HEP.

2. paxwill profile image80
    paxwillposted 4 years ago

There's no reason why you can't do both.  You can sign up for the HubPages-specific Amazon program (when it is finally ready) and you can sign up independently for your own Amazon Associates account. 

In fact, you must do the latter if you ever want to use affiliate links outside of HP, for example, on your own blog or website, InfoBarrel, or wherever else you write for revenue share.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Except that non-Hub use of Amazon is going to get fazed out.