Please HP.... STOP OUR WORK being SCRAPED & STOLEN from HubPages!

Jump to Last Post 51-92 of 92 discussions (242 posts)
  1. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Good On You Maralexa  smile

But... don't completely kill your week... they have in total 800 pages of Hub Page Rip Offs... That's Over 4000 hubs sad

And the last lot were posted there Today!!

Amazing! sad

1. Cardia profile image75
      Cardiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It looks like they're still posting!

2. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 12 years ago

I just checked out the website, seeing if any of my Hubs were put up there. So far, none yet, but I tell ya, the Search tool is lousy.

The person copied and pasted entire Hubs, and was so lazy they didn't even take out the words "Hub" or "Hubbers" from the articles - words that clearly link it back to Hubpages! Also, at the bottom of most of the articles has "Was This Hub...awesome beautiful useful funny" etc.

3. MobyWho profile image60
    MobyWhoposted 12 years ago

Jumping in late here, but being an old Al-Anon member, I go by the words "things you can do something about, things you can't and knowing the difference."

My old boss, when I told her AAA was copying my write-ups on some local attractions, countered: "Plagiarism is the highest form of flattery."

I can think of some silly counterattacks such as making stupid comments etc. to clog their sites, but it's all a futile act not worthy of your time - unless you take delight (as I do).

If I'm not mistaken, the Congress (when they decide it's time to end their overused vacation time) is planning on addressing the Internet piracy issue. if your site is merely restating already published information, that's one thing. If you have published totally new stuff - opinions, reviews, original discoveries, etc. I join your frustration. Just remember: "don't sweat the small stuff" - your mental health is more important that stolen words. And please don't take umbrage at my calling it "small" - I include my own - "how important is it in the scheme of things?"

4. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

Went to live chat support at namecheap.com and this is the convo

"""Live Chat ยป Open-Xchange Support
    Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.
    You are now chatting with Allie S - Open-Xchange Support
    17:13Allie S: Hello, you've contacted Live Support! Please give me a minute to look through the question you asked.
    17:13Sir Dent: ok
    17:16Allie S: Could you please specify the domain name in question?
    17:17Sir Dent: http: // talkblog.info/ is the link to the site. There is a possible 4000 articles taken from HubPages authors. I also believe that namecheap is the webhost, but not positive about that.
    17:17Allie S: Please hold on, I'm checking
    17:18Sir Dent: ok
    17:26Allie S: As I can see this domain name does not have a hosting with us, that is why we can not do anything on our side, unfortunately. According to the site www.whoishostingthis.com the hoster of the site most likely is Hurricane Electric. Please try to contact them in order to resolve the issue.
    17:27Sir Dent: OK. Can you send me the phone number and email address to your HQ?17:32Allie S: You can submit a ticket to the corresponding department at https://support.namecheap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    17:33Sir Dent: Thank you."""

http://www.whoishostingthis.com/talkblog.info  Apparently Hurricane Electric is the hosting company of talkblog.info. 

The contact email addies and phone numbers are
    General Information    +1 510 580-4100    info@he.net
    Tech Support    +1 510 580-4100    support@he.net
    Sales    +1 510 580-4190    sales@he.net
    Billing    +1 510 580-4180    billing@he.net
    Fax    +1 510 580-4151   

Edit:  http://www.he.net/

5. brittanytodd profile image88
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

I just called them and they said to email support@he.net with all of the details and they will contact the owner or remove their site.  Thanks, SirDent!  We are finally getting this taken care of.

6. againsttheodds profile image60
    againsttheoddsposted 12 years ago

emailing back and forth with support now

1. brittanytodd profile image88
      brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too.  They said they will hopefully resolve the issue soon and they are doing all they can.  If the poster doesn't stop, they will take down the site within the next two days.

7. againsttheodds profile image60

alright good job people, that is community at work.  Now if everyone can get together like that and vote Ron Paul 2012.

8. againsttheodds profile image60

Muscat Solutions Inc is a web hosting service provider and does not operate the website that contain the content about which you have complained. We have located the customer in question and disabled their account and as a result their traffic has been stopped.

9. Pearldiver profile image68

Good work guys.. and confirming HE as Sunforged and Wordscribe suggested! smile Cool

Hardly a Chinese site is it! - Hosted in Freemont CA.

Oh and for anyone thinking that I was wrong about eNom... I wasn't.. just 1x digit out... HE - I think you'll find is a Reseller for both enom and namecheap who did supply the domain registration, along with the privacy listing and did therefore Know Exactly (per the Domain ID) who these Sleaze-Bags are!
    Well Done Positive People...
    Until the next lot.. Swamp these turkeys with DMCAs. smile
    In That Way.. they have little ability to turn the site on again!

10. brittanytodd profile image88
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

Okay, I got this from them:

"We have located the customer in question and disabled their account and as a result their traffic has been stopped.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this matter.

Thank you for the notification."

YAYYYY!

1. brittanytodd profile image88
      brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And: "The talkblog.info site has been removed by its hosting provider.

If it appears again and is still within our network, please let us know." smile  Good work, everyone!

11. DeborahNeyens profile image94
    DeborahNeyensposted 12 years ago

Hooray!  Thanks brittanytodd, againsttheodds, SirDent, and all the others who took action to get this resolved.

12. missolive profile image59
    missoliveposted 12 years ago

YES! Glad to see the site has been taken down! Thank you to all who helped call and file. We need to keep vigilant. Thank  you Thank you Thank you!

13. Pearldiver profile image68

40 Hours! sad

We Have to Get Faster at this exercise than that!  smile

Remember: It is only Over when these thieves actually Stop and can't find another web host!  Watch your content over the next 2 weeks, to see if they put it up again or flick it onto another entity! sad

14. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...stopped by for an update....

good for you guys! big_smile  for pulling it all together like that

...and PD, big_smile

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the power of many.  We may have saved other non-HP web sites too.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+ nice work, team. Thanks for the OP, Pearldiver.

15. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

I just checked and the site has been pulled.  Glad it got sorted out but I agree with PD.  We should be able to get it done faster.  I did manage to find another way to locate the hosting site.  http://www.whoishostingthis.com will show the host of any site on the web.

16. Pearldiver profile image68

Huh? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz yikes z-z-z-z-z

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://www.eslkidstuff.com/images/wakeup.gif

17. wordscribe43 profile image89
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Yay!  A success story, huh?  Now we just need to make sure it doesn't pop back up like a few of them did...  They like to change web hosting companies.

1. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1 watch out for this. Remember to check back regularly to see if this site pops up again.

18. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 12 years ago

One web hosting company copied one of my hubs.They have just removed that stolen content from their website and one other site that was linking back to their site.

19. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

Also keep in mind that DMCA's are not the only way to go.

When fraudulent activity is as obvious as this, you usually can just contact an associated business who will crush the annoyance so they dont have to deal with the  headaches.

This is an example of the type of activity that i dont think is ludicrous to hope a Hubpage staffer could attempt from time to time.

Just a simple phone call or chat. Thats all it takes.

Well done, Sir Dent for taking that extra step and PearlDiver, of course, for bringing it to attention and rallying a response.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very true.  I often find an email is sufficient.

I found one recently where somebody had taken an article of mine and pasted the whole thing as a comment on someone else's page.  I sent an email to the blogger and accidentally pasted an incorrect link to my article.

The guy responded not ten minutes later, noting my error but also saying that he had done a quick search, found the article I meant to reference and had removed the comment immediately. 

That's a nice person.

20. capricornrising profile image59
    capricornrisingposted 12 years ago

Yes. THANK YOU everyone.

21. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 12 years ago

So far five of my stolen hubs have been removed from the sites against which I filed DMCA complaint.There are a few more stolen hubs that I need to deal with.

22. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

A lot of Writers find this article useful.

How to find out if your article has been stolen (Google tools) - <link snipped>

If you find any - next step is to approach the website or report to Google.

23. prairieprincess profile image90
    prairieprincessposted 12 years ago

Good work, you guys! I am wondering, though, if the people will stolen hubs will incur a penalty. I just checked a long-tail search for the exact name of my hub  and found a link to talk-blog, which is no longer there, but no link to my hub.

(A very obscurely named hub, so there would be no other one like it.) I just wonder if those whose content was stolen might have been penalized by Google, because I went from 1000 views/day to 70/day in two days.

But I'm so happy that these guys were nabbed!

24. prairieprincess profile image90

I guess what I am wondering, is if we need to take further action now to prove that our hubs were copied.

Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's only a positive to Still filing a complaint with the search engines though! Every one helps and alerts of the thieves presence/future presence.

I would say that the reason you are getting shown that they still have your hub is that you are looking at a Cache - which takes a while to come down but will eventually.

Keep checking that URL in the future and hopefully if your work pops up again, then your checks will alert you.

1. prairieprincess profile image90
        prairieprincessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes. That's a good thought, PD! Can we file a complaint when the other site is no longer up? I mean, how would we prove we had been copied, through the google search?

Because........ It IS still in the Cache!

You never know... you might single handedly be responsible for the cache disappearing.. just so they can dodge your complaint big_smile  big_smile

They WILL pop up again... I'm sure of that.. so every DMCA helps make that event harder for the thieves overall.  sad

25. prairieprincess profile image90

I have filed a complaint with Google Adsense, just to put my voice into the mix. Yikes, that is so creepy seeing  your exact words, being completely unrecognized. My heart goes out to all that have gone through this.

Good On You Mate!  smile

It's a very frustrating exercise all round and you have to liken it to someone breaking into your home and leaving a personal pile on your floor!  They deserve no quarter or forgiveness... they know what they are doing.. that's part of the thrill of their game! smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hey PD...good evenin' or mornin'!.....

2. Pearldiver profile image68

Hi Someway.. I actually thought you had headed off to CA.

It's 7.00 pm on Saturday 17th.  smile

It's raining and everywhere is flooded.. What waste of a Saturday!  smile

too bad about the flooding...not good for summer?

heading out next week....Wed.......Thurs for you......

You take it easy huh?

Happy New Year! smile

Happy New Year to you too PD...not sure where i'll be on the eve....some where....somewayouttahere anyway........

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

How appropriate these trolls use our URL's only to see their true colours;

unsuccessful  robbery's  losers  show

4. awordlover profile image88
      awordloverposted 12 years ago

It seems to me that if HP notifies me that my work was pubbed elsewhere and cites it for duplicate content (because I have culled it from a past blog of mine) then they should be able to flag whomever is stealing our hubs as duplicate content as well.

I do know that when I was flagged w/ duplicate content, they would not publish the hub and I got a stern email telling me that continued submissions of previously published hubs will result in removing me from HP.

I do use a copyright symbol at the end of my works, because the way the copyright laws are written, as soon as you write it, it is copyrighted now (it was a paperwork reduction idea back in the 90's that spawned this new law) but it does nothing to protect us.

What stealing hubs is eventually going to do is cause writers to find another venue for their work.

What I'd like to see in an effort to help us track our work when it leaves us and goes to the www, is password protected work -- that is, we have to put a password on every work so that it can't be copied and placed elsewhere.  It is a spin on copyright but more effective because scrapers who copy are more than likely not very smart hackers to discover passwords.  After all, they can't write their own hubs, they have to steal already published hubs. Certainly they are too stupid to hack passwords.  Just another step in place to deter scrapers so they move on to easier prey.

It is just a thought, but maybe some food for thought for that savvy hubber out there who can figure out how we can do that for our pubbed works.

Anne

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They do. You will see a small red copyright sign on your Statistics page if HubPages finds a copy of your Hub anywhere.  It's just that the filter isn't 100% effective. 

That wouldn't do any good, I'm afraid. The thieves know that ONLY the copyright owner can legally report them, so they would ignore "stern emails" from any one else.

Sounds like an interesting idea, but have you actually seen this system in action on any other sites?  The trouble with the internet is that to make money, we have to allow readers to read our work - and if it can be seen on the screen, it can be copied.  I don't know of any password system that would allow visitors but not allow copying.

1. awordlover profile image88
          awordloverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I have replied to Marisa twice and nothing appears after her post of 18hours ago. 

To answer your question about password protected sites, the only place I've seen it is on blogs which are 'members only'. Each member upon sign up is given a unique password for them to access the site. If they give their password to someone else, it doesn't work...unless they are using the member's screen name info. If any content were to be copied, the blog owner would know from the member list who was on the site that day and where the breach occurred. I am sure nothing like this could be implemented at HP, but it is a novel thought.

I did go to talkblog.info and it came up not found. In fact, I used 4 other search  engines and the all came up with not found. I did a domain search and got this:  http://whois.domaintools.com/talkblog.info and the dates match up to what has been written in this forum, but the screen shots are 3 years or older. Nothing current.  I don't even know if it is the correct site.

So until I can actually access their site, I won't be able to see what the other forum posts are referring to. I did a search on http://plagiarisma.net/  that was very useful, and the only hits it came up with were mine.  Thankfully!

But what about readers?

If I allowed only members to read my Hubs, I would never make a cent. Hubbers generally don't click on ads.  I need readers from outside HubPages, who won't be willing to register in order to see my work.

5. wordscribe43 profile image89
      wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Talkblog has been shut down, fortunately by all of us!

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank heaven! hurray, yipeeee!

2. capricornrising profile image59
        capricornrisingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep - this happened almost immediately after the original post 9 days ago. Amazing work by all of you. Unfortunately, per several other threads in the forum, there are still several plagiarizing hubs out there in the ether.

6. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 12 years ago

I just published a new Hub, 'Duplicate Content', which contains information about this issue.  One thing in the article is this:

"To its credit, on October 31, 2011, Google created a message feature for site owners in its Webmaster Tools. Google is now sending messages to webmasters if a duplicate content website is receiving priority in the search results."

Because each Hubber is a subdomain of HubPages.com, this information can only be accessed by HubPages.  Perhaps the company could create a tool to check this information daily and forward it to the affected Hubber.

This is one way to combat the effects of 'Google Panda', which is another Hub I just posted.  I'm really not trying to be promotional here; it's just that these articles contain information valuable to Hubbers.

Relache mentioned in her latest hub that HP has a copy checker that alerts hubbers when copies of their content are found else where. I have never been alerted but apparently some hubbers have. She even showed a screen shot of the (c) sign beside the hub when that happens.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
          Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is a feature that we have not rolled out completely to everyone. It is an expensive process for us to run, so we run it only for those users who have higher traffic levels, the idea being that higher traffic tends to attract plagiarizers more often.

We hope to eventually allow more Hubbers to have access to this tool, although I don't know when any expansion would take place.

Hi Jason. Thanks for your help the other day.

I really hope HP can roll out the feature soon because we are suffering. One of my articles is still out there so I have to do the DCMA things again.

Thanks for replying.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
              Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's still the responsibility for you to file the DMCA complaint. We can't do that for you, since it's your content.

We just help identify some Hubbers' Hubs being duplicated so they can initiate the DMCA complaint process.

2. Pearldiver profile image68

Thanks for that...

It Explains a hell of a lot - to a hell of a lot us - finally! 

It also has the potential to create a hell of a lot of new questions! sad

3. Marisa Wright profile image87

Actually, I just ran all my Hubs through Copyscape and was surprised how cheap and easy it was - I'd encourage more Hubbers to use it.

Jason, there's another thread where Hubbers posted some ideas on how HubPages might help us protect our accounts or detect plagiarists.  I'm sure there are good reasons why these ideas haven't been implemented but I think it would reduce some of the frustration if HP could respond and explain:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/88784

7. Writer Fox profile image32

This topic is being discussed right now on another Hub Forum you might want to check out: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/89224

8. Pearldiver profile image68

Ohhhh Please!!

Why are You constantly 'Deflecting' traffic and comments to the thread that you set up to 'Deflect' attention away from this thread and the REAL issues that were identified within it? sad

Every time I have brought up this Whole Issue... (in regards to this Thief and 3 Other Major Article Thieves in the Past!)  I have a little group of 'Entities' including yourself MW.. 'Deflecting' the primary objectives that I am posting!  Why?

Personally, I don't care if You don't appreciate My Opinion as a member here or whatever... But I do care that you (for whatever reason), feel that it is appropriate to continually undermine my posts! - As a reflection of good manners and good breeding.. I Do Not Do to yours MW!

Irrespective of your intentions.. My Objective was to Bring this issue to the awareness of the entire community and motivate sufficient response to have the community apply their ability to say "ENOUGH!" - and then Shut Down the Thieves!

I believe that has been achieved, even though some may find the methods used distasteful (for whatever reason!) and continue to deflect the obvious importance and need to Deal With Article Thieves in the Direct Manner that States "ENOUGH!" as was employed here with this one! Successfully! roll big_smile

1. rbe0 profile image60
        rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://www.economicnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/smoke-and-mirrorsimages-1.jpg

big_smile  Exactrully  big_smile  Nice post!

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

As you say, the objective of this thread was achieved but it doesn't address all the other plagiarizing that is still going on.  My other thread was designed to ask HubPages to "please explain" why they can't take measures to help us reduce the incidence of such theft, so I'm surprised you feel it's a bad thing to remind HP staff of it.

Oh of course.... roll  How positively feral of me, in not identifying your Real Issues!  Hahaha.... big_smile  big_smile

Perhaps then you can sell the idea to HP of having Sound Effects embedded within certain posts?  big_smile

The thread I linked to was designed to consolidate all Hubbers ideas on preventing plagiarism, so HubPages could respond to it -which they have not done to date, and I think we're owed the courtesy of a reply. So you're saying that's a really bad idea and I have no right to divert attention from an old thread, the purpose of which has already been achieved?

Confused...

9. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 12 years ago

The copying of our work is a real shame. Even with Google Authorship, which is supposed to help those of us who have it set up, I am still seeing hubs drop in the SERPs when they've been copied.

An example of this is a month ago when I FINALLY got two sites taken down that had each copied the same hub (a good portion of my hubs end up as dup content so it's no surprise when a single hub is copied by multiple sites.) Since both sites were taken down, I've received a HUGE boost in traffic to those hubs. The thieves weren't just stealing some traffic from me, but since dupe articles are bad for SEO, someone else (not a thief) was ranking higher than me for search terms even though before my content was copied, mine ranked considerably higher.

It's nice to see myself topping the SERPs for my keywords for that article again, but it's unfair that I saw the dip in traffic solely because someone copied my hub.

I agree with MW. It would be nice to see more measures around here, particularly in detection so I can take action as soon as content is copied instead of not finding out for months after.

As I spend more time on HubPages, I write more and more hubs, making my portfolio larger and larger all the time which definitely makes it difficult to babysit my hubs to see if someone is stealing them.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, checking your writing online and seeing if it is copied is part of what being a freelance writer is all about.  You could pay for a service to do it for you if you don't want to check yourself.

1. melbel profile image93
          melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. smile

10. Writer Fox profile image32

This topic is also being discussed on this HubPages forum thread:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/89224

11. Writer Fox profile image32

Stolen Hubs are being reported by more and more Hubbers.  I just posted information I have collected in a Hub I just posted: "Content Theft."  I put the links for filing your stolen content report with search engines and advertisers.  I've also included information on plagiarism detectors.  Hope this helps.

1. capricornrising profile image59

Awesome, WF.

12. capricornrising profile image59

I myself am in the process of investigating who can solve my content-theft issue, which is more complicated than the usual blog-steals-article-DMCA-complaint-works process.

My thieves (BIGEZINE DOT COM) have no contact information whatsoever, and have disguised themselves as another content site (EZINEMARK DOT COM), by stealing all of that site's code, including logo and images. When I filed the DMCA with Google, they sent the complaint to the other victim (EZINEMARK), not the perp (BIGEZINE). So of course the victim, who had already apprised me about their own theft, rebutted the complaint.

I tried to contact the DNS host (PPANDA DOT NET), but that entity does not have any contact info available either - they only have a splash page up, with no links or further content. The other victim found an email address for PPANDA, but a message to them hasn't gotten an answer back.

I've gone to the name registrar (NAME DOT COM), who don't seem to be able to do anything - they didn't offer to unregister the domain. But they were able to tell me that PPANDA resolves to a company called Softlayer, whose abuse and legal departments I just emailed.

If anyone has any other advice, I'd appreciate some.

This always happens. I post, then I have to immediately update. I just now found two email addresses for BIGEZINE, but as I'm fairly sure they're complicit in the article theft (since they themselves have stolen another site's code), emailing them won't do any good. I guess I can try to send it to Google.

2. Writer Fox profile image32
        Writer Foxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like Softlayer, then, is the host of the URL.  If I were you, after sending notices to Softlayer, I would go straight to the complaint websites I mentioned in my Hub.  There are dozens more of these, and I would post the story using the name of the website on every complaint site I could find.  Consider it your contribution to the 'good guys' in Cyberspace.

I just searched for Bigezine.com and the URL directs to ezinemark.com.  If you look at the bottom of the homepage, the copyright to ezinemark.com is owned by bigezine.  All contact information, TOS, and privacy pages have been removed from this site.  If you do post on complaint sites, ezinemark doesn't appear to be a victim, but part of the scam.  People should be warned before posting anything on the ezinemark site!

The bottom of which homepage, WF - BIGEZINE, or EZINEMARK? If Bigezine stole Ezinemark's code, they could easily have replaced Ezinemark's copyright sig with their own on their own pages. According to the actual Ezinemark homepage, Ezinemark owns the copyright to Ezinemark's page.

By the way, which complaint sites did you read? I'd love to investigate this further, because to be honest, at first I thought the two were indeed in cahoots, until Google wrote Ezinemark, and they emphatically denied being affiliated with Bigezine.

13. Pearldiver profile image68

Check their Whois details for the Domain ownership IP addresses etc. info.

If it is Not Accurate then email ICANN and advise them that the parties are operating a domain fraudulently! They MUST under registration rules maintain at all times accurate ownership contact info (complete details!)

ICANN also have the power to force ALL Hosting Companies and Resellers etc to Remove ANY DOT COM Site!  They are the creators! big_smile

Get as many Screen shots as you can that show the stolen codes, articles etc.
      File them for later as you will need to provide that evidence in time!

Thanks, PD. I did use Whois.net today, and contacted everyone I could find, though to be honest, I don't have much hope of success. I'm still waiting for Google to respond to my response to the "other victim's" rebuttal, and waiting for other potentially involved parties to respond.

That's very interesting about ICANN. Have you had to contact them this way? Did it work?

14. Writer Fox profile image32

Actually, ICANN only records registrars.  I looked up the registrar of ezinemark and it is GoDaddy.  That's great, because GoDaddy will do something!  Go to this link:
      http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/ShowD … dmark_copy
      Scroll down to B. Copyright Claims.  Follow the instructions

15. capricornrising profile image59

Thanks, WF, but Ezinemark is not the culprit. Believe it or not, BIGEZINE dot com stole all of their logos and their articles too. It's BIGEZINE that comes up in my google searches for my hubs, not Ezinemark. Complicated, I know. This has turned into a project for me in the last two weeks.

I did contact Ezinemark too. They're also fighting this thing.

16. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

Sorry to hear this Pearldiver, but there's only so much HP can do. There are thousands of Hubbers and Millions of Articles. I think there should be a law in place to ensure all writing sites have a "duplicate checking system". HP check all Hubs for duplicate content.

You will have to report them to Google and they will deal with the site or remove the adsense of the writer.

Good Luck.

Ps. For any Hubber who wants to find out if their article has been stolen, use the Google Tool below. Many find it useful.
      <link snipped>

17. viking305 profile image93
      viking305posted 12 years ago

I have posted this reply on another forum about content thieves.  I am afraid it is a blogger who is stealing our hubs

There is a blogger who has blogs on the FanBox,com site(there is a comma there instead of a full stop so not to create a live link) This site hosts lots of blogs. 

I found one of my hubs there the other day on a blog called 50 ways to make money online. I emailed the support team and they took it down within 2 days.

Unfortunately this blatant thief has copied other hubs from HubPages.  The first four blog posts apart from my own are all from hubbers.  I have contacted these writers and warned them. 

It looks like all the blog posts are stolen hubs but I can not check for any more hubbers.

Please everyone go there and check for yourself.

I am off to check out right now. I have had too many problems with these people.

Thanks for posting this!

2. Xenonlit profile image59
        Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was wondering why such an old topic was back up at the top! You inspired me to write a topic about plagarism checkers. Maybe one or two people will have some advice.

I am looking forward to reading that article, is it published yet?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)