jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

how does one build more traffic without using facebook

1. alphagirl profile image79
    alphagirlposted 4 years ago

I have subscribed to other rss feeds. I don't have time to hub and be on facebook. I like facebook for some things, but not all. I don't have time to comment on yahoo, etc. what would you suggest?

I am asking because I notice people who have tons of followers have only been on for 8 weeks here or less than 3 months.

1. evictorino profile image59
      evictorinoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hubpage is social media. connecting to people and giving value to them through your post then sharing your post to people here in hubpage.

When you share a good post, a post that is beneficial to other you are adding value to them. By adding value to them you are influencing them, by then you are making a following

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Hubpages is not a social media site.

Followers come from people who like your writing. By your posting on the forum they get to know your name.You should also comment on other's hubs.

Some people follow everyone they come across and then those people follow them back.  I don't recommend that, my followers just came naturally since I am so active in the forum.

I wouldn't worry too much about followers if you want to make money from your writing, you earn from people outside of Hubpages visitng.

1. alphagirl profile image79
      alphagirlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your insight. I am amazed at some that have 500 followers and other like myself with under 100. I am making some income.
      I find myself learning something new all the time on hub pages.