earnestshub, you will be sorely missed.

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 164 discussions (291 posts)
  1. A Troubled Man profile image58
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

Adios Earnest. You're a guy with a lot of integrity.

I'll break out the 18 year old scotch and toast a large one for you.

2. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 12 years ago

I'm very saddened to hear this.

3. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 12 years ago

I had not talked to him in awhile, but I always appreciated his comments and insight.  He was a great person!

4. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

It is amazing to me, as I sit here with tearful eyes, how one can so completely miss someone they have never actually met, nor had even as much as a phone conversation with.  Yet, that is exactly how I feel.  My interactions with him were always friendly.  He was like a big brother who loved to tease and will be missed so very much!  sad

5. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

Earnest will be missed here on HubPages and by all the people who knew and loved him.  Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

6. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 12 years ago

Oh no, how sad. Condolences to the his family. What I loved about Earnest was the great way he talked about his grandkids... How very, very sad to go so young.

7. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Oh, so sad to hear Earnest has passed. He loved those Grandchildren more than anything, quite a legacy! I will miss his wit, and chatting about the things we totally disagreed on. Wishing his family warmth and comfort in his absence.
    You will be miss my Australian friend!

Fosters all around bartender...

8. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

I shall miss his warmth and compassion, and most of all, his cheeky humor. Godspeed, Earnest. My sincere condolences to his family.

9. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 12 years ago

So sorry to hear this...my condolences to his family and his friends here on Hub Pages.

10. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

So much i could say but it would be construed as just nasty meanness.
    and you'd probably be right.

I Don't know where you get this mr nice guy stuff from? My perception is that he lied constantly, printed misinformation willingly, made himself out to be someone who he wasn't. Was blatantly rude beyond what is normal. He spewed crap like it was second nature and the list goes on.
    The only thing i think he knew was cars.
         I am just glad he isn't going to be in torments the rest of eternity, burned by the fires of hell - cuz that don't exist. He went peaceful - so we are told and he will get what he wanted - nothingness after death.
    He could have done so much better but he held onto the anger.
    Lets hope others find God through loss.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

for me earnest never lied...he stood for what he was and was clear thinker....

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

agree...I took it as a great compliment if I was compared with Earnest when I bothered with 'those' forums

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I reckon you summed up your feelings in the first sentence. Thats about all was needed.

1. profile image0

agree - didn't take long for such hatred from the 'morally superior' to spew forth

3. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What can we expect from the likes of you ? The world is worst (and so is hubpages) because of people like you live in it and that's why we miss earnest and not you. Trust me, not even a worm will bother if you die any time in future.

4. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This should have never been posted here.
      I hope you can prove what you said, otherwise it is slander for millions of  people to see.

You are truly a Christian with the Wisdom & love of God.

People like you are the reason many avoid the Christians.

Do anything you want while judging others

Earnest showed me love and respect, you just the opposite

You're just nasty and hateful

1. profile image0

but that's typical of the hypocrisy practised by many of the 'christians' on HP that Earnest spoke up about (and still gets accused of being a liar after his death).   
        How disgraceful brotherychanon - it would  have been better to keep your mouth shut, like the 'burn in hell' promoters seem to be than say such muck

5. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Now this post is a walking example of the blindness that exists in religion and spouted on a daily basis. Not to mention, it shows off a complete disregard for love and compassion.

And, this individual claims to know G/god? Actions like this shows who was the liar and who was not.

Good show Brotheryochanan. Your true colors(character) appear before everyone's eyes. I'm glad you posted, now everyone who reads this post, including future new members, will know.

thats expected from those who believe in loving god smile

2. vector7 profile image59
        vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't you DARE Cagsil. I am VERY late to this news.

But you turning this into a debate is a disgrace.

I believe WHOLE HEARTEDLY THAT YOU belong in the boat with the first responder of this branch for using his disgusting words to push your foolish agenda.

May you be known for your HATRED towards Christians, and the persecution you spread because of a single ill-mannered human being.

I AM CRYING MY EYES OUT because Earnest is gone though I did not like his views one ounce, I loved him as a person.

SHAME ON YOU AND ANYONE WHO CHIMED IN ON YOUR AGENDA.

Christianity has nothing to do with the first disgusting response of the branch, nor does it have anything in common with your words or accusations.

YOU SHOULD HAVE POSTED KIND WORDS.

NOT HATEFUL, SELFISH WORDS... YOU DISGUST ME.

NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE THINKS OF EARNEST, HE WAS A HUMAN

BEING WITH A HEART AND SOUL. AND I DANIEL BUCHANAN LOVED

HIM ....  AND AM GREATLY GREATLY GRIEVED........

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't blame Cagsil, it was Brother Chan who tried to turn this into a debate and attacked a recently deceased man.

But no one wants to get in a debate over this here, and no one did.

6. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't going to say anything more here, but I will say this:

You should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

7. Randy Godwin profile image62
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for adding a bit of humor with your always ridiculous posts, BO!  You are a great example of the ignorance Earnest fought so hard against on these forums.  An easy victory for him in your case.  LOL!

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image75
        DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can hear him now saying "I told you so!" smile

8. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I could not imagine saying anything as so low as  BO just did, even toward the most negative person I know,   and at a funeral, OH MY.

Yes, this like hub funeral ceremony for celebrating, and remembering the life of a person who has died.

Security !!!! Security delete BO off this thread because I or Earnest can not ban anyone else off or shut their voice out.

9. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sad that being devout for you apparently doesn't include "love your enemies" as I understand it says in scripture.

Sadder yet that you considered him an enemy.

10. Cassie Smith profile image61
      Cassie Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brotherochanan, whatever it was that earnest did to you, you should forgive, as I believe God would want you to.  And certainly Jesus would say to turn the other cheek.

11. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He was truly very kind-hearted. He never blasted me for my beliefs? Why? Because he once told me, I acted like a true Christian. I did not judge others, nor argue and fight. I accepted all for who they are and not what they believe. Jesus did not go among the masses and continually condemn. He embraced, loved and prayed all while preaching the word of God. He was a very good person and he was a great friend. We had a talk once and it wasn't that he did not believe, he questioned. All of us questioned our beliefs, every now and then. He really was a good spirit and not always mean spirited. Just pray for his family and ask for Peace. smile

12. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Geez! And this is the "Christian" way to speak about a fellow human being who has passed? Wow! I'm impressed! In any case, let me remind you that two wrongs don't make one right. hmm

I have to say one thing about Earnest. He knew I was a Spiritualist and he always found a humorous way to disagree with me. I loved him dearly and although I knew he was sick I never imagined he'd pass so suddenly. I will be taking a break from HP forums. I've built so many great friendships through this site that I've come to consider many of you as part of my family. His death has changed me as a person. RIP my friend.

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

irrelevant, stop beating a d==d horse, we just love to gossip

and earnest, no clue why but i miss you especially much today

in all our hearts unless ////////  lol

11. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

I am at a loss as to what to say about this. I found out about this only around 6 hours before this post & found out through Hubpages.

A fellow Melbournite that I had not the chance to meet in person. I sure he would have shared some interesting stories, we certainly spread some Aussie cheer and jokes around the forums (especially espousing how good people from Melbourne are, as well as being knock about Australians).

I will miss his ribbing of others and jokes, and his want to share on here what he knew.

Earnest is gone. You will be missed. i cannot thank you enough Earnest for what you shared around here.

Condolences to your best friends and your cherished family.

12. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

brotheryochanan, do you have any idea how inappropriate your comment is?  How dare you!  Since I'm a lady I will refrain from saying any more, but I truly wish you would have used similar common sense and abstained from saying anything at all.  Your comment makes me feel embarrassed for the whole HP community.  And, you are WAY off the mark regarding your judgement of this man. If his family happens upon your insensitive post, I want to personally apologize...  Earnest was and is highly regarded here.

@wordscribe earnest doesnot need certificate from brother...earnest was one of most rational thinkers who could dare to think on his own....earnest would always be missed ...

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you wordscribe, my gosh.

13. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

guess earnest was right....too much religion can make one inhuman smile

1. profile image0

yep

14. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

brotheryochanan, please crawl back into the religion forums...

lol

15. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 12 years ago

It's true, Earnest held on to his anger, and fought injustice every single day, he never traded his humanity in for hatred, like so many do. Of course you think he posted misinformation and lies, Earnest dedicated a good deal of time exposing the lies and ridiculousness of the 'truth' folks like yourself spend so much time peddling! And I reckon it must kinda sting, that your 'book of life' scam was daily refuted by him, who needed no glittering fairy tales of eternity to spread so much joy, happiness and love everywhere he went. Yes, I'm sure your obvious jealousy is natural, for someone in your exalted position. Yep, Earnest needs no commendation from you, and he never needed your imaginary god either.

16. Pandoras Box profile image60

Pcunix, I suppose I may as well. You're wrong. Earnest wasn't that rigid. What if a Christian friend died and his family said no one say anything unless you use Christian terminology? Do only atheists get to miss Earnest? Not rational.

To all, we can thank Earnest for his friendship by supporting his hubs, which will continue to help support his family.

17. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I am so sad, i cannot believe it.  Happy that he was with his much beloved children and grandchildren...  They must be really missing him....

We had a really good love hate relationship.  His prescence on hub pages will surely be missed.  His avatar never changed....

Rest In Peace....

18. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Let's not give into brotheryochanan and turn this into a religious thread.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I concur.  Let's not forget this forum is really about honoring a great man.

ya got that....i agree...

2. Cagsil profile image70

Not intending to do so. I just said my peace.

19. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 12 years ago

Coming to this late - it's a shock. Earnest was one of the best. His love for the grandkids was second to none. His wit and good nature shone through his on line presence. I'll certainly miss him.

20. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

nice to unite with hubbers even if it is sad thread.... hi everyoune such a sad day  for me, i only just found out the news of Earnesthubs untimely death.

21. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

HI Pcunix... you lost your hat..... do you think Earnesthub was the only hubber never to change his avatar.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he was the only one smart enough to pick the right one to begin with?

2. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah he got it right....

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile
        He definitely got it right. smile

1. Joy56 profile image66
          Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I keep getting it wrong oops/;

22. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 12 years ago

Oh, my, Ernest is gone!  I'm so very sorry and would like to send his family my sincere condolences.  He really will be missed.  We all liked him here very much.  He was strong.

23. Debby Bruck profile image66
    Debby Bruckposted 12 years ago

Thank you for letting us know. His hubs will be a tribute to his life. Condolences to his family and friends. Blessings, Debby

24. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 12 years ago

I've decided that since he's gone, I have to participate in the religion forums again.

I'm gonna miss the big lug.

25. sid_candid profile image58
    sid_candidposted 12 years ago

We will miss you Earnest. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

26. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 12 years ago

RIP Earnest.

27. Stan Fletcher profile image61
    Stan Fletcherposted 12 years ago

As a Christian with MANY athiest friends, I would like to apologize on a certain someone's behalf, or at least draw a dividing line between he and I.  All believers are not prone to this type of diarrhea of the mouth. At least this one isn't.  I don't care what you believe,we can still be friends.  I'm saddened and angry because of assinine comments like these.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, Stan.  I'm just grateful that those specific comments speak far more to the poster's character than to Ernest's.  Ernest and I had vastly differing opinions on matters of faith, but we always found common ground in loving others and trying to express our sentiments with kindness.  Thanks for piping up.

1. The Suburban Poet profile image82
        The Suburban Poetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The bitterness of Cochran is what is on display here... I didn't know Earnest.. All I can say is he left me some very nice fan mail. I hope his family can overcome this loss. RIP...

2. profile image0

I'm glad some people actually behave 'christian' rather than claim to it and do the opposite

1. The Suburban Poet profile image82
          The Suburban Poetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think if you read enough of the Gospels you can develop a sense of how Jesus would have us repond to virtually every situation. To me it would be laced with humility and compassion. I don't see much else beyond that ...

28. Mizz Eb. profile image81
    Mizz Eb.posted 12 years ago

Rest now, Ernest. Rest. xx.

29. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 12 years ago

I don't even want to do this post.
    Y'all have said it all so I'll just lay out a memory of one of my favorite posts by Earnest.

OP on a religious thread:
    "Where are all the usual[atheist]suspects"?
               Earnest's first post:
                    "You Rang"?

He had lots of great posts that I enjoyed playing off of.
    It's great to see so many of his friends wishing him well.
    Miss ya and hope your well bro...

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

funny

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He is dead. Doesn't get any worse than that ..... BRO.

Ceptin' u beleeb in majik. Which he most certainly didn't.

30. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

earnesthub...had to be the first person I read on the forums. We discussed via text the Australian "Banjo Paterson" on many occassions, and earnesthub used to enjoy a limerick forum thread that he most certainly...must have enjoyed participating with. I remember seeing quite a few of his limericks on that thread, and joining into the thread with him...when he was on a roll!

He will be missed as a HubPages treasure....right along with them that knew him in other capacities. My heart is saddened by this news as seen on the Home page to HubPages when I first signed-on today. To his family and friends: I am truly sorry for your loss.

earnesthub showed us to just write and have a good time on here. He has left a part of himself with us for all time here....and for that I thank him...and wish him "Peace" in his next Journey of what lies beyond...the current Journey that we are all sharing...at this moment in time!

RIP...earnesthub!

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
      wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

About the limericks thread, was he not HILARIOUS?  I tried to bring it back in his honor the other day.  I put the link in this thread in an earlier post.  It's so worth re-reading those limericks by him.  He had the best sense of humor.

I even wrote him a goodbye limerick... not so funny, but it was healing for me anyway.  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17512?p … ost1897331

Good to see you, MPM.

1. manlypoetryman profile image83
        manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good to see you to wordscribe43...Earnesthub tore up that limerick thread....(in a good sense...of course). He made it fun to want to join in with it. Thank you for bringing back the thread in his honor. That was good stuff!

I'm going to go have a read of your good-bye limerick to him...on your link provided. Take care, wordscribe43

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
          wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good to see you, too.  I can't stop crying when I read that thread.  I really can't.   We had so much fun there, it was how he and I became friends.  He'd go there when "other threads" were irritating him, for fun and to let off some steam.

I need to muster up a funny one there, no doubt that would be the most honorable thing for me to do...  smile  but I don't have it in me right now. 

I personally think you are the man for the job.
          Take care,
          Laura

1. manlypoetryman profile image83
            manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Laura...I gave it my best shot...I hope it is a good tribute to him...I'm afraid the humor...just isn't there under this circumstance. I will have to try one with a good funny twist (in earnesthub style) a little later on!

I am sure you will be able to honor your friend with a funny limmerick as well...in time! Steve

31. Janet21 profile image81
    Janet21posted 12 years ago

So sad.  He was such a nice guy.  He will be missed.

32. DIYweddingplanner profile image75
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

I think I'll miss him the most in the middle of the night.  I have terrible insomnia from time to time and on nights I couldn't sleep, I would get on HP and Earnest (being from the Land Down Under and all!) would always be on the forums embroiled in some sort of discussion or debate. It felt like a friend I could talk with in the middle of the night and made me feel not so lonely at 2:00 a.m., even from thousands of miles away. He was my champion on several occasions and there aren't too many white knights like that left these days...

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

Me too, just not so much the insomnia or white knights part.

33. secularist10 profile image60
    secularist10posted 12 years ago

Really too bad. He was certainly a warm presence with some real perspective on life. Always making jokes, lightening the mood. Hell of a writer too. That his account is still getting followers as we speak is a testament to that. He clearly lived his life to the fullest. Something we should all aspire to.

34. Pandoras Box profile image60

My particular condolences to you, Mark, and the others here who knew Earnest longest and best.

35. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

That's so sad. sad Guess it's a reminder of how there's a real world out there...

36. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 12 years ago

Wow! I knew he wasn't around but I had no idea. I will miss him very much. He was always very helpful and friendly. I will miss him very much.

37. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 12 years ago

R.I.P. Earnest...a voice of reason.

38. bat115 profile image77
    bat115posted 12 years ago

I have been away from Hubpages for a while and am sorry to have come back to this news! He was one of the hubbers I was looking forward to catching up on all his hubs and forum posts I had missed while I was away.

39. Quilligrapher profile image73
    Quilligrapherposted 12 years ago

Earnest was a sincere man with a unique and gentle spirit. I will miss him.

40. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

Sad news - Earnest was one of the last few reasons that made it worth visiting these pages occasionally.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, we'll all have our Ernestisms though won't we? Something he said that made us laugh. What a nice guy.

41. carolinemd21 profile image81
    carolinemd21posted 12 years ago

That is so sad that Earnest passed away. Rest in peace.

42. Uninvited Writer profile image79
  43. A Troubled Man profile image58
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

After my futile attempts to get Brotherochannon to step up and apologize for his malicious words, he refused to do so and added this to say about Earnest...

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/87056?p … ost1914129

1. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cry me a river lol

why not send me an email? You just trying to garner public sympathy for yourself?
      C'mon buddy send an email. I won't even report it. Vent! vent! vent!
      Gimme your best shot if it will make you feel better smile

1. Cagsil profile image70

No need to send you an email Brotheryo.

Your actions speak loudly enough to show how the teachings you supposedly follow has taught you to be.

Nothing more needs to be vented or ranted or raved about. As you continue, those who see your posts will see you as apparently your ego chooses you to be. You don't apparently rule yourself, your ego does.

That's the shame and truth of it.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WOW! So much hatred.

44. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

God bless you, E.

45. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Oh wow! I can't believe the news! I usually check hp using my phone and never got around to see this thread. I am deepl6 sadden by the news. Earnest was a truly special person and a dear hp friend. My heart goes out to his family. I will always keep them in my prayers. He will be missed!

1. profile image0
      Muldaniaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree, that it is a shock.  I always enjoyed his posts.  And even though he had had health problems for years, it is still very sad.  It just shows that none of us knows how long we have and it could just as easily be one of our relations posting the news of our demise far sooner than we think.

46. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

I have only this to say.  This forum thread was created to acknowledge the loss of a fellow hubber who was loved and respected by many.  Unfortunately, brotheryochanan was not one of those who loved him.  While I respect A Troubled Man's attempts to defend Ernest's honor, I think the discussion should now be taken off of this forum thread - discuss it via email or begin another thread, but do not dishonor the memory of a person who was loved and respected by many.

Let the man (and this forum thread in his honor) rest without the two of you playing verbal tug of war over his grave.  Sheesh.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Terribly sorry. I won't continue this futile effort here.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, and understand that I DO know you mean well.

smile

47. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

Oh my gosh. I had no idea. Earnest was an awesome man and he will be missed. I am in shock. My condolences to the family.

48. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 12 years ago

I'm sorry to hear this. Death comes so unexpectedly,and tomorrow is not promised to any of us.

49. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 12 years ago

Sigh, I haven't checked these forums in ages. Knew there was a reason I did today. My heart sunk when I saw the title of this thread. I was very fond of Earnest and always very much enjoyed my correspondence with him. Made me happy to know he was out there being himself. I'll be sending my warmest thoughts to his family. sad Sad day.

50. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

I miss you tonight earnest, as every night, but especially tonight

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)