HUBPAGES TERMS OF USE - concerns

1. Trish_M profile image87
    Trish_Mposted 5 years ago

I have just discovered the new 'Hub Pages Terms of Use' and I am a little confused and rather concerned.

HubPages states that 'author content' includes photographs and 'hub content' but does not include photographs.

HubPages goes on to tell us: 'You may remove Your Hub Content from the Service at your discretion' but 'You may not remove your Author Content from the Service'. This means that we may not remove our own personal photographs!!?? This, I find, most disturbing.

HubPages tells us that, if we don't like these rules, we shall have to leave, but also tells us that if we do leave, we can remove our 'hub content', but we cannot remove our 'author content' ~ ie our own photographs.

Have I understood this correctly, because, if I have, I am not at all happy about this?!

The relevant parts of the rule page:

2. "Author Content": Any content, including without limitation questions, answers, forum posts, ratings, votes, and Hub comments, that Authors post on the Service other than on the Author’s Hub, and all photographs that Authors post on the Service (including on the Author’s Hub).

"Hub Content": Any content, including without limitation text, data, video, and links, but excluding photographs, that an Author posts on the Author’s Hub.

6. HubPages does not claim ownership of Your Hub Content or Author Content. Such content will be owned by You or a third party from whom You got permission to post the content.

By posting Hub Content on the Service, You grant HubPages a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license, for as long as Your Hub is displayed on HubPages and for a commercially reasonable time thereafter, to reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, modify, adapt and publish the Hub Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting Your Hub on or in connection with the Service.

By posting Author Content on the Service, You grant HubPages a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, modify, adapt and publish the Author Content on or in connection with the Service.

You may remove Your Hub Content from the Service at your discretion.

You may not remove your Author Content from the Service.

HubPages may preserve and store Hub Content (including, for a commercially reasonable time, Hub Content you have removed from the Service) or Author Content, and may disclose such content if required to do so by law or if HubPages believes in good faith that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary ......

The Author, and not HubPages, will be fully responsible for all Hub Content or Author Content that is uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available by the Author on the Service (collectively "User Content").

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There have been quiet a few discussions on the same subject here..may be you should read them up... a whole lot of information and clarification has been given by hubbers..

Here is a link to one such thread smile
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/87482

2. Trish_M profile image87
    Trish_Mposted 5 years ago

Thank you, Sofs ~ I'll check that out smile

working