jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

TalkBlog.info is Stealing Hubs!

1. DeborahNeyens profile image96
    DeborahNeyensposted 4 years ago

I just discovered the one of my hubs was plagerized on a site called TalkBlog.info. It must have occurred recently, as I haven't received a duplicate content warning yet.  (I was checking to see where my hub was ranked in Google and came across the copied page.)  It looks like most of the content on that site is copied so I did some checking on other pages that looked like they could be from HubPages and found at least two others that appear to be copied word for word from other Hubs.  I notified the hubbers in question by private message. 

I found a hub in the Learning Center about how to file a complaint when you hub is plagerized.  Here's the link to that: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint 

It appears the site has a block on so you can't find out who the registrant is through WHOIS.  I did send a DMCA complaint to the email address provided, but who knows if I will get a response.  Next step is to notify Google.  I suggest others check to see if any of your hubs have been copied there and, if so, follow the same process.

1. Melovy profile image96
      Melovyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Deborah, There’s a thread about this here

From the latest posts I think the site will be taken down very soon.

DeborahNeyensposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Melovy.  I was just reading that thread when you replied.  Let's hope the problem is resolved soon!

2. Judi Bee profile image86
      Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just found that she had posted one of mine too!

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Thanks Deb

They have ripped off in excess of 4000 individual Hubs and their reputation has just been severely destroyed!  It would be a good idea to break that link that you have embedded here in the interim though.  Cheers  - continue to file your DMCAs.. Good Luck smile

DeborahNeyensposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Done!  Thanks, Pearldiver.

3. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

I just looked and the site is gone! I usually find that filing a DMCA with the Host gets quickest results!

4. AshleyFAuthor profile image61
    AshleyFAuthorposted 4 years ago

The site isn't up anymore smile