jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

If one HP account was banned, will the other accounts be banned?

1. specialwalri profile image60
    specialwalriposted 4 years ago

I have another question because I'm still new here. I had another HP account that recently got banned for violations that I wasn't aware of. Apparently I didn't know all the rules before.

Now I'm worried to spend time publishing on this account (no violations...I read all the terms of use over and over again to be sure) but I'm worried because it's the same IP address and Google Adsense account linked to this account.

Again, I wasn't aware back then that I was violating terms, but now I know better. Does anyone know if this account wil be okay?

1. melbel profile image92
      melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would email staff and ask as they are the ones who would best be able to answer your questions (they know your case.) Include your old screenname so they can look you up.

Being proactive may help prevent any banning as they'll be made aware that you've mended your ways. Just let them know that this is an alternate account and state some examples that show that you're knowledgeable in whatever cause you to become banned.

For example, if you were banned for posting personal content, show them that you know the difference between personal content and content that is 'hub-worthy.'

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

Click on the profile.  I think we've learned the answer to the question.

3. taviasylum profile image59
    taviasylumposted 4 years ago

No, your account will not get banned again because you are using the same adsense account and the same IP address but be careful to not violate the terms of service!

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

taviasylum, you are completely wrong. If you read the post above yours and clicked on the profile as Lisa HW suggested, you'd see the OP has had her new account banned.

Making a new account after being totally banned from HubPages (not just a forum ban) is automatic grounds for having the new account banned according to the TOS.