jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My Latest Hub was unpublished

1. Anamika S profile image70
    Anamika Sposted 4 years ago

My latest Hub published 2 days back How to be a Good Girlfriend to your Boyfriend was unpublished and later reviewed and re-published.

The mail from HubPages said, 'Your Hub has been identified as a violation of our Terms of Use. If this is the first time you've gotten an email like this, don't worry! You'll have an opportunity to fix it.

Problem: Duplicate content, including:
    * Text that was previously published on another site, even if you wrote the text or retain the copyright.
    * Text that already appears in whole or large part on HubPages.
    * Text copied from multiple sources.
    * Substantial similarity to another work. This includes close paraphrasing, among other forms of misappropriation or copying of content
    Repeatedly attempting to publish duplicate content on HubPages will result in the closing of your HubPages account.

I panicked and felt humiliated. I checked to see if anyone had copied the Hub and published anywhere else. But could not find any such duplication. As I was sure that I did not copy anyone's content, I wrote to HubPages and they re-published the Hub saying, 'We apologize for the error.  This Hub has been republished and certified original so it won't be unpublished for duplicate content again'. Now a red colored Note appears in my Hub which reads, 'CERTIFIED ORIGINAL: This Hub has been granted an exception and is no longer considered by HubPages to be duplicated'. Though I only can see it, it makes me feel as if someone has done some favor on me publishing my Original Content.

I am not blaming HubPages for their automatic content alerts, But I would really like to know why my Hub triggered a 'Duplicate Content' alert so that I can be careful in future. I would be grateful if my fellow Hubbers could have a look at the Hub in Question and let me know what you think.

2. Bianu profile image61
    Bianuposted 4 years ago

Is this the first time you have gotton this violation in your three years on HP. If so you are very lucky. I am going over to your profile now to read some hubs.

Anamika Sposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Yeah, It is the first time.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

The duplicate content filters are automated.  It's possible for original content to use so many of the same words and phrases that from a computer point of view, the text reads as not being original.  That's why if you really think a Hub has been marked duplicate in error, you contact admin, and they do a manual review.

Anamika Sposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, That makes sense! The Hub was reviewed and re-published within 30 minutes after it was unpublished with a Note on the Hub certifying it as Original Content.