Very Frustrated by Google - randomly suspended account

1. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 4 years ago

I have a blogger account (non-monetized), used for keeping family updated to our goings-on and our son's medical issues. I tried to log in today, and the account has been suspended. Google suggests a violation of TOS, but I cannot imagine any violation of their TOS with my blogs. They're just written updates about our family!

SO frustrating, because I used the one blog to connect with other families and to keep our own family updated. I have contacted The Almighty Google, so hopefully I'll get a response. I'm just very frustrated by this!

2. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago

Very sorry to hear this and good luck getting it sorted out!

3. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 4 years ago

Thanks, Bard. Apparently, they detected "unusual activity" on the account. I sent in a complaint and they had me verify via phone number. I only had one email account attached to those blogs, so I had no "back door" for logging in to them. I have now attached another email address as a "second author" so I can still access the blogs through one account if the other account gets temporarily suspended.

There was no violation of TOS on my end - I suspect someone was trying to hack the blog.