Ad Bug

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (39 posts)
  1. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5892455_f248.jpg

Ads are showing up as text(script) at bottom and in sidebar of this hub:
    cepheid.hubpages.com/hub/Your-Obstacles-to-Financial-Freedom

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image76
      Marina Lazarevicposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for reporting this.  We think it's likely that this is a Google ad serving issue, but we're looking into it and will let you know when it's fixed.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marina. smile

1. lobobrandon profile image87
          lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I forgot to mention that I had an ad from a site that was just titled Testing and the body was
          Info 1, Info 2 or something similar

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've seen some of these myself even when using Google Chrome on my own hub and other people's. I thought it was something I was doing wrong where I clicked something I was not supposed to do (I'm not really knowledgeable about technology), but I am relieved to hear it isn't just me.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Not getting that on my hubs when I view them through Google Chrome. I am dealing with loading HubPages pages, including the forums....very slow. And, I just cleaned out my system today from top to bottom. hmm

melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

IIt only seems to be that hub for some reason. And it's strange, it's not like he (the hubber) can edit the ad code.

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found the same thing on Patty Inglish latest hub.

3. Cagsil profile image70

Okay, NOW I am having this problem. Just ran across it using Google Chrome.

Please FIX this glitch. Thank you.

4. Cagsil profile image70

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5894592_f248.jpg

The above picture is showing the code of the ad only in the upper ad on the hub and I have already run into it showing just above the vote up and comment section.

1. lobobrandon profile image87

I noticed this on many of my hubs- and having just 15 that's a huge percentage!!

Yes, I know. I've seen on quite a few hubs.

5. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Staff, how about this one? Have you seen this thread or heard about this problem?

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We just need to keep bumping until they catch on. They might be busy!

Yeah I know. They only pay attention to heavily active threads. smile

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60

The more people that keep seeing these hubs often the more active this thread will become.

Untrue actually Flora. There are just about 80-100 participants in the forums. Not all members use the forums. hmm This thread can be dropped down quite a distance in the forum threads and possibly missed by staff.

Some people sometimes post once, then someone else will post in agreement or disagreement, and then it will slide down the list.

Oh, okay. Thanks for correcting me. When I noticed my hubs doing this I looked on the forum to see if there was a thread already and there was.

Yes you did. But, not everyone is going to want to come to the forums and will email staff directly without ever coming here. wink That's all. smile

melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I bet staff gets a LOT of email. I kind of feel bad for them in that aspect, but eh, it makes for an entire job I'm sure. I feel bad for the angry emails they get. People probably say some violently mean things, especially when they're banned.

I know we see some pretty interesting stuff in the forums, but some of the stuff people are afraid to say in public but are open to sending to staffers must be pretty horrific.

Staffers must sometimes go home almost in tears even if they know messages aren't aimed at them specifically. And I bet, some things are personal... like people might go to the staff page and pick out something really mean to say about each staffer and share that in their email.

That said, maybe some of the funnier things that happen kind of make up for it. Funny things probably pop up in the moderation queue and whatnot.

2. lobobrandon profile image87

I usually don't bother seeing the forum topics with many posts unless the topic is of interest..

6. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 12 years ago

I've seen three of these today.

7. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 12 years ago

I just saw another one!  11PM  The one I saw earlier is fixed.

8. Cagsil profile image70

Well, it's not been fixed.

I'm using Google Chrome on Windows XP and just ran into a code for an ad on another hubber's hub.

Picture and link below.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5896962_f248.jpg

http://schoolgirlforreal.hubpages.com/h … -Your-Mind

I wonder if it a specific ad or are specific ads in particular that when there is a problem it is it/them, or if they are *all* google ads are showing up as codes at some point? I just checked the one you linked and it is fine.

1. mary615 profile image82
        mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just took a look at one of mine to answer a comment and there it was.  It seems to come and go.  I'm not going to worry about it anymore!  We're not supposed to put links in here (I think), but it the one I wrote about a Cake in a Jar.  That was 10 minutes ago.

9. Cagsil profile image70

Okay, this is getting tiredsome.

http://cagsil.hubpages.com/hub/The-Past … -Your-View

The above hub which is mine(not self promotion) has an ad code in the spot in the upper right corner. See picture below.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5898815_f248.jpg

10. Cagsil profile image70

Here is the code for one ad that didn't work properly. I hope this helps correct the problem.

GA_googleSetAdContentsBySlotForSync({"books_hub_share_520x200":{"_type_":"html","_expandable_":true,"_html_":"\x3cscript type=\"text/javascript\"\x3e\x3c!--\ngoogle_ad_client = 'pub-6958755572607374';\ngoogle_ad_channel = '8646521606+6355338031+0266834893+4288401459';\ngoogle_ad_output = 'js';\ngoogle_max_num_ads = '3';\ngoogle_ad_type = 'text_html';\ngoogle_image_size = '520x200';\ngoogle_feedback = 'on';\n//--\x3e\x3c/script\x3e\n\n\x3cscript language=\"JavaScript\" src=\"http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js\"\x3e\x3c/script\x3e \n","_snippet_":true,"_height_":200,"_width_":520,"_empty_":false,"_is_afc_":false,"_is_psa_":false,"_is_3pas_":true,"_cids_":["gRGQKQ"],"_a2ids_":["EhNFA"],"_pstok_":"MMjm7MHAl2sKDQoLCOSTmwIQ3Mic4x8KDQoLCJSaoQIQpIGZoiA"}});

I'm using browser- Google Chrome.

http://cagsil.hubpages.com/hub/A-Poem-Y … se-part-13

The link above is my hub and it was the ad just before the comment section.

11. Cagsil profile image70

Again,

GA_googleSetAdContentsBySlotForSync({"entertainment_hub_content_250x250":{"_type_":"html","_expandable_":true,"_html_":"\x3cscript type=\"text/javascript\"\x3e\x3c!--\ngoogle_ad_client = 'pub-6958755572607374';\ngoogle_ad_channel = '8646521606+8079307554+0266834893+1890017914';\ngoogle_ad_output = 'js';\ngoogle_max_num_ads = '3';\ngoogle_ad_type = 'text_html';\ngoogle_image_size = '250x250';\ngoogle_feedback = 'on';\n//--\x3e\x3c/script\x3e\n\n\x3cscript language=\"JavaScript\" src=\"http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js\"\x3e\x3c/script\x3e \n","_snippet_":true,"_height_":250,"_width_":250,"_empty_":false,"_is_afc_":false,"_is_psa_":false,"_is_3pas_":true,"_cids_":["fxnJUw"],"_a2ids_":["EbK1A"],"_pstok_":"HNuF_sT4vLIKDQoLCNSVmwIQzM

This is the first ad posted within the hub. What is usually the UPPER ad within the hub(the ad that's usually within the text written).

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image76

Hub URL? We're still working with Google to figure out the problem. Thanks for all of the examples!

Marina, sorry I didn't leave a link. I think it was this hub- http://cagsil.hubpages.com/hub/Sexy-A-L … -Knightley

And the other hub was- http://cagsil.hubpages.com/hub/Sexy-Fem … e-Pfeiffer

12. Cagsil profile image70

Again,

GA_googleSetAdContentsBySlotForSync({"entertainment_hub_share_520x200":{"_type_":"html","_expandable_":true,"_html_":"\x3cscript type=\"text/javascript\"\x3e\x3c!--\ngoogle_ad_client = 'pub-6958755572607374';\ngoogle_ad_channel = '8646521606+6355338031+0266834893+1890017914';\ngoogle_ad_output = 'js';\ngoogle_max_num_ads = '3';\ngoogle_ad_type = 'text_html';\ngoogle_image_size = '520x200';\ngoogle_feedback = 'on';\n//--\x3e\x3c/script\x3e\n\n\x3cscript language=\"JavaScript\" src=\"http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js\"\x3e\x3c/script\x3e \n","_snippet_":true,"_height_":200,"_width_":520,"_empty_":false,"_is_afc_":false,"_is_psa_":false,"_is_3pas_":true,"_cids_":["gRGS-Q"],"_a2ids_":["EhYVA"],"_pstok_":"OJGooV6ZJhUKDQoLCNSVmwIQzMqc4x8KDQoLCNSwoQIQ5JeZoiA"}});

It is located just before the comment section.

I wonder if this is happening on several websites, or just hubpages?

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image76

Cagsil - can I get the URL for this one too? Thanks!

13. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

How weird...  I've yet to see one, not sure why.  I use Firefox...  are people also seeing this in Firefox?

14. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I went to the schoolgirlforreal hub in this thread - and didn't see anything amiss. Then again being in Europe I see different ads anyway.

Just as I was closing that hub off, my speakers make a loud beep which made me jump.

I then opened Cag's first hub he quoted above, and Jingle Bells started playing, funnily enough it started on the same note I had heard on SGFR's hub.

The only ads I saw that could have been responsible were one for Alpari UK, though it maybe wasn't them because on re-opening the hubs in question that advert remained but with no sound, and a carrefour.es advert.

15. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I have just found this error on one of mine - http://izzym.hubpages.com/hub/Scotrail- … -off-Train - above the comments capsule is:

GA_googleSetAdContentsBySlotForSync({"politics_hub_share_520x200":{"_type_":"html","_expandable_":true,"_html_":"\x3cscript type=\"text/javascript\"\x3e\x3c!--\ngoogle_ad_client = 'pub-6958755572607374';\ngoogle_ad_channel = '8646521606+6355338031+6231488858+8193385249';\ngoogle_ad_output = 'js';\ngoogle_max_num_ads = '3';\ngoogle_ad_type = 'text_html';\ngoogle_image_size = '520x200';\ngoogle_feedback = 'on';\n//--\x3e\x3c/script\x3e\n\n\x3cscript language=\"JavaScript\" src=\"http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js\"\x3e\x3c/script\x3e \n","_snippet_":true,"_height_":200,"_width_":520,"_empty_":false,"_is_afc_":false,"_is_psa_":false,"_is_3pas_":true,"_cids_":["gRGopw"],"_a2ids_":["Eig_A"],"_pstok_":"mSUsDfd4X7YKDQoLCPzxnAIQ_Nmf4x8KDQoLCPzBogIQnMWaoiA"}});

16. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I have found the advert that is playing Jingle Bells to me. How do I find its URL without clicking on it? It's an adobe flash player ad telling me in Spanish that I have won a prize of an iphone, and ipad or an imac, and congratulations and stuff, but when I right click on it there is no option to copy url?

17. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Just bumping this because that advert is seriously beginning to annoy me now - it's on almost every hub I open!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)