jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is this hub too long?

1. Bobri Dobri profile image79
    Bobri Dobriposted 4 years ago

Hi! I have done my best and written my best hub How to create new ideas http://bobridobri.hubpages.com/hub/How- … ools-tips.

I did it really long (2048 words), because I've read somewhere that google liked long articles. But now I think it's too long, because people don't read it to the end.

What do you think? Should I split it into 2 hubs?

Thanks for your advice,

1. 0
      SirDentposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't seem too long to me.  In fact, it doesn't seem like there are more than 2000 words in it.  I would check to see how much traffic it is getting and go from there.  If there is  little or no traffic, I would split it up. 

I have hubs ranging from less than 300 words to one that is a little over 4000 words in length.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have one hub that probably takes most people over 5-10 minutes to read properly, and it is still an incredibly highly read hub. I guess the topic is the key, not the number of words (this is not a sales hub, but a true life story experience hub).

2. Rising Caren profile image79
    Rising Carenposted 4 years ago

Too long for my taste. There's some good stuff there, but I got too tired I couldn't finish. I stopped reading a few paragraphs after you started talking about meta positions and dreamer points.

I think your organization stuff should be in a separate hub.

BTW you really need to proofread. There are some awkward sentences, grammatical mistakes, and misspellings.

Unless you're a psychologist, psych hobbyist, or a psych major, I'd also credit sources.