jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

My Hubs are being marked -- UNFOLLOW

1. Hello, hello, profile image60
    Hello, hello,posted 5 years ago

I have posted Christmas greeting and wishes on a hub to reach most of my friends because not all come to the forum. I was told to rectify it because it is against rules being too personal. First of all I have done this every year and then taking it down just before Christmas. I was told it was a hubber who flagged me. As for too personal I read many hubs written only about the writer itself but never mind that.

I rectified but still that it was too personal. Now a rectfied again and hopefully my friends will see it.

With all these problems I became alert about that capsule UNFOLLOW.  I never paid any attention to it. With that wake-up I have checked out many of my 390 hubs and those checked had all at least one unfollow. Now this is firstly unjust and it really hurt. I had hubs up in my two years and had great comments agianst them. I am the least minding to be critisized but the really wide variety of topics I written about and evryone I have checked had at least on eunfollow. Some even had some writing on it before the comments which was in code of computer. I wouldn't be able to read it.

I also discovered one writer who sent Christmas Greetings to hers/his friends and it was not unfollow, I wont give a hint whether it is a woman or man.

UNFOLLOW -- was a good idea to give fellow hubbers a chance to mark hubs for certain reason but I think it is getting used in the wrong reason. If 'unfollow' why is the hubber not named who objects to your writing.

My hubs - King Lugwig XIV -- bobsleigh -- Queen Mary's Dolls House -- Porto Rico -- Sofia, Bulgaria -- Hedgehog -- and so on had all at least one unfollow. When you put the cursor on it it lights up with do not follow this hub.

I checked on a variety of other hubs and couldn't find any. It also states FOLLOW even if nobody clicked on it.

I hope this will be looked into urgently -- PLEASE -- because I am sure it could put off people.

1. Hyphenbird profile image93
      Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Unfollow button simply is a choice for readers. Many people will read and enjoy a Hub but not wish to get an email every time there is a comment. It is not a personal or negative thing at all. Follow is the reverse. I use the Unfollow button a lot, even on my favorites Hubber's to reduce the volume of emails I get.

Hello, hello,posted 5 years ago in reply to this

OOOPS  wrong again. I thought it was because of being 'unfollow'. After the going on about the Christmas Greetings and told it was a hubber who objected this is the result of it.  Thank you for putting my mind at rest. It really upset me.

I wish you a Happy Christmas and a Great New Year.

1. habee profile image90
          habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Glad you feel better now!

1. Hyphenbird profile image93
            Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me too. Merry Christmas to you and to you also Habee.

2. Hello, hello, profile image60

Hello, my friend Holle, and thank you for your good wishes. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and health and prosperity for the New Year.

How I envy you. You have such a wonderful family but you deserve it. Al the very best wishes again. Love. Hanna

2. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 5 years ago

HH, all my hubs have at least one "unfollow," too, I'm sure. That just means that some of my readers don't want to be notified via email every time the hub receives a comment. You're good to go! And merry Christmas to you!

Trust me to get it all wrong. I just was so upset about that hubber flagging my Christmas Wishes because I have such wonderful friends and that is the only time and way to show my gratitude. How can anybody be like that at Chritmas time?

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It was a Scrooge! lol Bah! Humbug!

3. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Hyphen, I hope you and your fam have a very merry Christmas!

HH, at least you have Christmas-y weather to enjoy. It was hot here today! lol. My youngest daughter and I went shopping, and she had to turn on the AC in the car.

working