jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

How can a hubber with 29 hubs only have a score of 1

1. Tenerife Islander profile image91
    Tenerife Islanderposted 5 years ago

I was just shocked to see that a hubber who is following me and has been here two months only has a score of 1 despite having 29 hubs published. How can that be?

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Check the hubs. They are almost certainly spun or something.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

By being naughty, spamming, spinning etc.

3. timorous profile image93
    timorousposted 5 years ago

You'd think the staff would notice these low scores. Two months is more than long enough to allow someone to create something useful, otherwise they should close their account...now.

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

And if it is spinning, why are they allowed here at all?

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

While the exact mechanism of hubberscore seems to be a bit of a mystery to most of us, it is true that it is very good at catching the spammers and spinners of this world.
    However, those hubs need to be looked at by staff, who can unpublish. Looks like no-one on staff has looked at those hubs, which makes you wonder "why not?"

Don't they have software that will bring up all the extremely low scorers in the system to give them a manual review?

1. calpol25 profile image76
      calpol25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree Izzy they should be checked smile

6. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 5 years ago

You would have to try pretty hard to have a score of 1 - I didn't even have that with my first hub!  Maybe its a sock puppet?  really funny, actually, something certain hubbers would do on purpose for a joke!

1. calpol25 profile image76
      calpol25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol

working