jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

I know to not click on ads on my Hubs. Why do so few of us click ads?

1. Perspycacious profile image74
    Perspycaciousposted 4 years ago

I know to not click on ads on my Hubs. Why do so few of us click ads?

2. sweetzara profile image84
    sweetzaraposted 4 years ago

I guess for the same reason we flip channels when ads come on! Our brains shut down when we feel people are trying to sell us some thing! But I do wish more people would click ads and help all us hardworking Hubbers earn some revenue!

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As much as I think multimedia ads are often horrible, I have actually clicked on some of them - so I guess they do their trick!

3. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 4 years ago

I believe that most of the clicks I get come from outside HP - other hubbers are reading my stuff because they're interested in the writing - and they're not usually searching in order to shop for something.  At least, that's the way I see it - I seldom click or even look at the ads on fellow-hubbers hubs.  Also, now that they have this "shopper sensitive" ad placement, certain advertisers like yarn and car accessories follow me around and so I often see the same ads because I have purchased these things.  The key here is to use good keywords that people will search for on the search engines like Google and then when they come read your hubs they'll be looking for products and more likely to shop.  I, sadly, have only four or five hubs that are attracting this kind of business and I haven't really tryed hard enough to find some more subjects like this.

4. Disappearinghead profile image87
    Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago

It's an unconscious policy, perhaps after years of training, that I never click on ads on any website. I don't expect anyone to click on those on my hubs and I've never earnt a penny from Hubbing in two years. I've only ever seen Hubpages as a place to share opinions and learn from others. I have a day job to pay the bills.

5. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

I click ads when I am searching for specific items and the ad seems to promise what I need.  Why would I not (unless on my own pages, of course).  But those are usually ads in the SERPs, admittedly, not  on pages.

6. user999 profile image59
    user999posted 4 years ago

I come to HubPages to scan hubs, and barely see anything beyond text.

7. gmmurgirl profile image72
    gmmurgirlposted 4 years ago

I guess one reason why people don't click ads is this thought at the back of their minds that this will lead to some sites with a lot of pop-up windows and selling them something they are not really interested to buy at that moment.