jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

False copyright symbol?

1. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I see a red copyright notice in my account list.  The hub is not in Copied Hubs and Copyscape shows no matches at all.

So what is HP seeing that they don't display?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It should tell you.

I just went and looked there and the Copied Hubs header seems to have disappeared. Is it under Hub Violations?

There used to be a form that told you where the copied content was, plus a ready filled out DMCA letter to send.

PS I'd email staff if I was you.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are right. That's what used to be and it was enormously helpful.

In the last two days I found 22 scraped copies of two of my Hubs, with no indication from HP at all.

Like I posted in this thread a few minutes ago, HP apparently had this scraping notification in place, and as you say, complete with a pre-filled DMCA form.

This enormously useful feature seems to be gone now.

Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As I have tried to get through to you, that stuff and the DMCA link is still there on some hubs.

But your experience would seem to confirm that their system is broken.  It's showing  stuff that  isn't found in Copyscape.

So it is broken, apparently.

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It never worked very well anyway. It would find stuff for me, on occasion, that had been copied months previously, and miss a lot more.

I do my own searches for copied content now, and its not hard to find! There is so much of it, and it usually shows above my originals in Google.

Thanks Google!

2. Sally's Trove profile image100

No kidding.

Keep buying gold..

2. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

There's been a lot of this discussion here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/88738

Apparently, the old HP helpful notification of duplicate content on other sites no longer works. In addition, when I emailed the team about this wondering why the copyright symbol didn't disappear after I'd tracked down the offender and got the scraped content removed, the team's response was, it will take a few days for the copyright notice to disappear. This was 6 weeks ago, and guess what? The copyright infraction notice is still on this hub, and now there are 6 scraped copy incidents I can find through a Google search.

HP had a good idea about identifying duplicate content...I have no idea what happened to that program. The HP copyright infraction notice still appears, but with no leads to the infringing party.

Well, no, I have two there's that are in Copied Hubs and do show where it thinks the copies are. But this one doesn't.

Have you ever noticed that your first response to someone else is usually "no"?

What is it about my response that makes "no" your second word?

No, some of the copyright symbols do lead to details still.  That's why I said "No".

I'm sorry I have to respond to you with "No" so often, but when you keep saying incorrect things, that's what happens,

lol

3. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

4. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

System definitely broken - I am having issues with it too. Will have to get busy with copyscape sad

working