jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

The AUTO BOT DUPLICATE ICON-Google- and Copyscape:

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

I received a duplicate icon on my statistics page on one of my hubs. It has not been moderated nor has the hub been pulled. So I copied the URL and posted it to copyscape which found 24 duplicate issues.... all of them having to do with the copyright phrasing on the bottom of hubs.  The copyright phasing comes from hubpages, though I know some people put their own copyright warning in their hubs. 

I am not worried about the hub being duplicate, because when I pasted the text into copyscape it came up as original... as it should have.

My Question is this:

Does google see the duplicate copyright phasing and think it is in fact duplicate text?  Is there the potential that this may have an impact on hub placement?  Is there any danger to losing adsense privileges because of this kind of duplicate text?  Or is this freaking me out over nothing?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you're freaking out over nothing!  It's unlikely such a small proportion of your Hub would cause any trouble.  You'll notice Copyscape categorizes results into different levels of severity, and I'll bet those were in the lowest level. 

It is a bit annoying because it means your results get clogged up with false positives, but you get used to scanning those!

davenmidtownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I figured it was nothing...  I am surprised that the results were that low though...

2. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

You might want to email HP staff directly on this one...

davenmidtownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think they are working on the duplicate issue in-house. I emailed then on friday and they said there was bug

working