jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

What Am I Doing Wrong

1. sweetzara profile image84
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

I have posted seven hubs with interesting topics accompanied by images and links etc. Yet I've not even come close to making 50 cents... What am I doing wrong? Do people really make money on hubpages?

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey sweetzara I made no more than 30 cents the first month but now I make a minimum of 30 cents each day - that's great isn't it for just 15 hubs big_smile

sweetzaraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey thats great! maybe there is hope for me after a few more hubs! smile

2. relache profile image84
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Read this section, http://hubpages.com/success/

Notice how much work it takes and how many Hubs those people have and how long they've been with the site.

Then go read this, http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Then start writing more Hubs.  And be patient.  Earnings take effort, time and skill.

thanks relache.

3. brittanytodd profile image91
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

I agree with relache.  You need to write hubs that are going to be searched for on Google and create a reputation on social networking sites.  Some of your hubs are very personal and I don't know how well they will do traffic-wise because of their content. 

I am pretty new here, but I have almost published 100 hubs and the amount I have been making per day has steadily increased.  I think it is because of the amount of content I have produced, my evergreen content that appears on the first pages of search engines and the relationships I have built on this site with my followers and those I follow. 

It takes time to start earning, but I believe it will be a great investment in the end.

To meet more people on here, increase traffic and possibly earn more, you may want to try the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge.  Hope this helps!

thanks brittanytodd that makes a lot of sense... I would love to do the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge but I don't think I'll be about to churn them out quite so fast unless I quit my day job!

1. brittanytodd profile image91
        brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, of course.  It takes a long time.  Maybe you set goals for yourself anyway that will cause you to produce more content that is searchable on Google.  Also, participate in the weekly topic inspiration or answer questions by writing a hub.  This will bring traffic as well as inspire you to make useful  hubs that people want to read.

4. flowmeter profile image61
    flowmeterposted 5 years ago

Wow, so you could make 30 cents a day with 15 Hubs. What else must you do?

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

30 cents a day sounds perfectly reasonable with the right material and hard work. In fact I have one hub that some days has been getting around halfway towards that and honestly with minimal backlinking

Personal writings often don't tend to address the needs of a viewer through Google.

Always ask yourself the question 'How is a reader going to come across this information?' as if you can't see a ways someone would search for it then your initial hard work in writing will likely be wasted unless you can find an entrance source.

5. barryrutherford profile image35
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

I have written a couple of hubs on the issue

thanks barryrytherford! will check it out.

working