Who wants a cookie?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (33 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Holle's bake shop has officially opened for Christmas. Today I'm making chocolate chip and walnut cookies, pecan snowballs, peanut butter cookies, thumbprint cookies, cheese straws, and old-fashioned gingerbread.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are killing me here!!!! lol

I am cookie deprived...

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
      ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oooohhh... I'll take some of your chocolate chip and walnut cookies! Do you deliver? wink  I just made peanut butter cookies myself. Yum!

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

Thank you, but no thank you. I have plenty of things to much on already. lol

4. Rehana Stormme profile image71
      Rehana Stormmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I want some cookies!! Oh man, I really want peanut butter cookies....*drool

5. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will take the normal 50 dozen in my quality review, choc chip, peanut butter...send to the usual place

6. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds SO good!  Are you making gingerbread men??  I still have that to do, but I'm waiting for more kids to come home to help decorate them.

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why you doing this to us Habee, haven't you tortured us enough with your recipe hubs, now you are torturing us here in forums too lol

I would like to see you deliver some to Jamaica and I will pay you two rams! Oh, and I want a batch of each!

1. habee profile image93
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Will the rams be barbecued, with jerk seasoning?

1. Cardisa profile image87
            Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Live rams, you can do what you want with them after...lol

2. habee profile image93

No gingerbread men. My gingerbread is the cake-type, with a lemon glaze on top! Our local bakery has me spoiled with gingerbread men. They make the best ones I've ever eaten, so I don't waste my time trying to make them. lol

7. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are way ahead of me. I've gotten the fudge finished, but need to start on the cookies this week.

2. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

We need to form a paradigmsearch cookie fund!

Chocolate crinkles over here, more to come tomorrow. Pecan snowballs sound delightful!!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I'm going to make biscotti tonight or tomorrow. Then shortbread.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm really sorry that times are hard for you at this time of year sad

While I can appreciate the Scottish determination... in today's world you DON'T have to live through Winter gnawing on dried biscuits and underdeveloped bread sad

Do you not even have salted squirrel or moose hooves for Christmas Day? yikes

I hope you don't mind me saying, but your story has brought tears to my glass eye and I believe with your courage, you must be an inspiration to at least one hungry Girl Guide... Just Incredible!
      I will quickly post to you a corkscrew, fishing line and a hook!  smile
      You just consider that a good old Scottish Hog-morney pressie from me.. I am sorry that I can not post a Haglius - but I will wave one over your parcel, so that you will at least be able to smell it and feel hungry enough to find Sixpence to spend on your own offal pack! smile
      Wow.. At least you will then be able to Ice Fish and won't get scurvy over the festive season! smile

4. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

I've been making shortbread cookies, German Chocolate Brownies, magic cookie bars, chocolate peanut butter pretzel bark, mint almond bark and Chocolate mint chip cookies. 

I'll try some of your pecan snowballs!  smile

1. leahlefler profile image95
      leahleflerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Magic cookie bars? Those sound fun - what else is in them (besides magic, of course)?

1. habee profile image93

My magic cookie bars include graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, pecans, coconut, and sweetened condensed milk. Not sure about Cardelean's version.

1. leahlefler profile image95
          leahleflerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh, that sounds like heaven!

2. rmcrayne profile image91
          rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like Mom's recipe for 7 layer bar cookies.  Total yum.  Count me in.

5. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

I'd be happy to test all your cookies

6. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Old fashioned gingerbread would be my choice. I did enjoy looking at all the alternatives in Habee's/Holle's bake shop window, so thank you. I am tempted to make some ginger bread now.

7. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

Chocolate chip and cheese straws for me please!

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I've stayed up all night, baking! Just took some Cajun-spiced toasted pecans out of the oven, and I just put in some cranberry-orange bread. I also made some cheese spread with onions, pecans, red peppers, and chipotle. Yum!

My peanut butter cookies were good, but they weren't as chewy as I had hoped. My aunt made the BEST peanut butter cookies I've ever eaten, but she's gone now, and I never got her recipe. Anyone got a recipe for super chewy p.b. cookies?

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
      ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I follow a pretty common p.b. cookie recipe, but instead of just using vanilla I use Karo syrup wth vanilla in it. They are super chewy and yummy!

9. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Just send  a little sample of each...I've got the glass of milk waiting..big_smile

10. cardelean profile image86

Almost the exact same recipe.  I use walnuts not pecans.  Again, super easy and always a hit.  2 c. gr. cr., in the bottom of the pan with 1 stick of melted butter packed down to form a crust.  One cup of everything else and pour the sweetened condensed milk over top.  350 for about 20 minutes.

11. cardelean profile image86

Oooo, wouldn't have thought of Karo syrup.  This is a fun twist on a cookie exchange!!! smile

12. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

I am going to gain 10 pounds just reading this forum post.

Just finished a double batch of snickerdoodles.

13. cardelean profile image86

Well then I'll be in good company because I think I already have!  smile

14. Sinea Pies profile image63
    Sinea Piesposted 12 years ago

That Karo syrup idea is very interesting. I'll have to try it sometime!

15. sagebrush_mama profile image61
    sagebrush_mamaposted 12 years ago

I'll trade ya' gingerbread house pieces for cookies!  Just did two batches, for a grand total of 10 sets of house pieces!

16. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

Lovely....

I'll have Pecan Snowballs please. Send them via FEDEX.
    Thanks. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)