jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does a hub's score correlate to its earning potential?

1. capricornrising profile image60
    capricornrisingposted 4 years ago

This is purely research for when I finally start to write my evergreen hubs, and because the question is tied to HP, I must ask it here. I haven't found the answer in any of my research, and anyway, more perspectives would be really good.

I've been posting mostly creative writings. My hub that has the highest page views has a hubscore of 68. The one with the second highest page views has a hubscore of 83. They probably have a difference in page views of about 8.

So I might logically surmise that the hubscore does not correlate with its traffic. Therefore my real question is this: are Adsense and HP's earnings program at all impacted by the hub score, or only by traffic and/or clicks?

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Quote from the learning Center

" Calculating HubScore

Here are a few things that are taken into account when calculating HubScore:

The amount of traffic your Hub receives, including traffic from HubPages as well as other outside sources
    The length of your Hub
    The uniqueness of the content within your Hub (copied content typically scores lower than more unique content)
    The number of thumbs-up votes from unique users
    The number of comments
    The overall value of you as a member of the HubPages community (determined by your HubRank and your Status)"

If the Hub score drops below 40 it becomes no follow.
    Apart from that I cannot understand the relationship between traffic and Hubscores.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

I am pretty much certain that there is no direct relationship between hubscore and traffic, or between hubscore and earnings.

4. DIYweddingplanner profile image90
    DIYweddingplannerposted 4 years ago

And definitely no relationship between AUTHOR score and earnings, worst two days I've had in a long time as far as earnings go!

5. capricornrising profile image60
    capricornrisingposted 4 years ago

Thanks all for confirming my suspicions!