jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Did someone hack my account?

1. rbe0 profile image60
    rbe0posted 5 years ago

I had to reset my password today, only minutes after I had successfully already logged in using said password. I decided I should change it right after I logged in and I was unable to use it when asked for OLD PASSWORD in my profile while changing it.. SO I logged out and tried to log back in, and I could not. There is no way I could have forgotten it in that short time period. Does this mean someone has hacked my account? Or has access to my computer? Or that HubPages is not a secure website?

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nope never had anything like this.. HP is secure enough and it's surely something to do on your side. Check your paypal address or whatever payment mode you use just in case it was hacked.

1. rbe0 profile image60
        rbe0posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I make no money so I have no idea why it would be hacked. Although I have observed from my recent interactions on the internet with people, that many people just do things without permission or any attempt at communication. So if anyone knows anything about this in the case that it actually happened, why did u do it? However, I assume if someone actually did this on purpose they will be to scared to talk to me openly even tho I have a picture of a friendly cake for my avatar.

2. kannanwrites profile image83
      kannanwritesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Then how did you logged in?

1. rbe0 profile image60

I logged in using the original password, and then i tried to use the change password tool in my account while still logged in. When I clicked the button to change my password it told me the original password was not correct.

I logged out and tried to log back in, I was unable to log in so i had to send a request to hubpages to have my password reset via email. Which I did and was then able to log in right now.

1. kannanwrites profile image83
          kannanwritesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just changed my password and all worked fine.

Seems to me you missed something when you were changing your password.

It must be late in your place. Try changing your password in the morning. big_smile

1. rbe0 profile image60

lol it is very late and i am too tired and had a hectic day,

i probably just messed up i think yur right

thx kannan

working