jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Fan count

1. Milla Mahno profile image62
    Milla Mahnoposted 8 years ago

Hello everybody!

I am new here, and I am enjoying the place immensly! What a wealth of information and fun! I am reading and commenting and having all kinds of fun poking around.

Since I am new to the system, I do have some questions. I was able to find answers to most of them myself, but this one I couldn't. I noticed yesterday that the number of fans shown under my profile pic on these forums were higher than I see on my profile. Thought it might be a temporary glitch or something. But it did not change today - while the absolute number has changed, it shows here exactly the same 3 more fans than on my profile.

Can anybody tell me please - is it by design? Should I report it somewhere? How many fans exactly I have right now - 35 or 38? Or should I just stop asking silly questions? smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image85
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The stats shown under your profile on the forums are updated at a different frequency than those on your profile.  Your profile updates immediately, so what it gives you are the real-time numbers.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

Patience is the key.
    It will probably even out.  I have been here for only 6 months and am sometimes puzzled when my score fluctuates  so much. I am trying to ignore this, and not let it be a distraction.

Personally I don't know how they keep track of all of these statistics-- though much of it is programmed in, I think it is supposed to be more of a general measurement.

Just watch it for awhile-- and direct your energy toward writing your hubs and responses. I think all of it will take care of itself.

You can count the number of fans that have signed in on your profile-- If it seems to be drastically different, ask the HubPages team.

3. Milla Mahno profile image62

Thank you very much Rochelle!

Yes, I do understand that things fluctuate, and that is really not that important how many fans I have. I just got puzzled by the obvious disparity in the count, and thought it might be a known problem or something.

And I am working hard on my next hub! smile

4. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

Good for you.

Keep an eye on the numbers. You will probably find that they are fun if not taken to seriously.
    Good luck-- looking forward to seeing more of your work.

5. Milla Mahno profile image62

Thank you Maddie and Rochelle!

working