Which of your hubs so far do you consider your finest and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (25 posts)
  1. ithabise profile image73
    ithabiseposted 12 years ago

Let's be real: Even though all of us aren't grammarians and students of the craft of writing and its many styles, HubPages provides us the opportunity to express ourselves, our point of view, and share in a community of those who enjoy doing so. And I don't think we'd take the time to return here as religiously as we do (you know you love being read!) if we didn't enjoy being heard. Well up until now what do you think you've said well and why? Whether for the writing or the point itself...which (one) hub?

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 12 years ago

By far the one hub where it appears I've 'said it well' is one of my first, "The Rare INFJ Personality Type - a Profile". Why? The high traffic it attracts and the questions it inspires for comments on it are the measure I think tells me that the information it provides is said well. That is only part, though. The other part, maybe even more so, is the content is fairly unique for what can be found on the net. The content keeps drawing traffic, I think, more than my writing talent.

ithabiseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah! I'm an ISTJ (Inspector). Shall read!

1. Ms Dee profile image86
          Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello inspector! smile  I do have an article on the ISTJ, but it is on another site.

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I don't have one particular article I like over others.

3. rbe0 profile image61
      rbe0posted 12 years ago

The one where i explain in plain english my approach towards curing addiction.

4. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years ago

Well I have quite a few successful hubs, but the one that probably means most to me is my Hub on Lupus - my wife has it and not enough people know about it - the more I can get the word out the better!

5. revortay1 profile image60
      revortay1posted 12 years ago

I wrote a hub in the very beginning on making your girlfriend feel special. To this day it my best performing hub and my favorite to go back and look at!

6. ithabise profile image73
      ithabiseposted 12 years ago

It's my question but it's still tough! I'd say my "finest" is one called "Waste of a Generation: How the Hip Hop Movement is Failing Society". It's one of those articles in your head for a long time, stewing with emotion. I think I expressed myself articulately and forcefully.

7. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

And I think that everyone who has revealed their favorite and/or best trafficked hub in this thread is MAD!!

We are in the middle of getting our work stolen right, left and centre and you make it so easy for the thieves!

I have just spent the last 3 hours filing DMCA's, and I only checked out 2 hubs!

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not telling anyone my high traffic hubs LOL the hub I mentioned barely gets any traffic - heck I'd love it if it was copied as it means the message about Lupus is getting around!

1. rbe0 profile image61
          rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmm. i am in the same boat here.

2. ithabise profile image73

IzzyM, at first you made me pause and wonder if I had been naive in asking this question. But I'm not sure I agree with you now. The question concerns a hub one has enjoyed the most, whether for the writing or content. I agree that revealing a highly trafficked article might not be wise. My point is, a thief is going to do what he does--period. That's to say, whether I reveal the hub I've enjoyed writing the most and it is stolen or one never reveals that hub and it's STILL stolen, it makes no difference to the thief! He has his own purposes with my material...every time I submit on HubPages.

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I'm sorry, I know you did ask a normal straightforward question and you didn't mention high-trafficked hubs, but my experience here has taught me that people will confuse the hubs that gave them the most satisfaction with the hub they most enjoyed writing.

And the hubs that gets the most traffic/brings in the most money is usually the one that gets mentioned.

Sadly, among Hubpages forum members are many content thieves too.

Not in the same way as those outside Hubpages, but if I were to write that I'd been getting loads of views on a hub about tortoises, for example, then loads of people would think to themselves "Oh, I didn't know that would a popular topic, I will write a hub about tortoises too"!

Of course, everyone on HP has the same powerful platform, so they very quickly become direct competition to the original author.

It is always better to keep quiet about those things, and this is just a reminder.

Sorry again to spoil your thread. It was a nice idea smile

Oh, not a problem. I understand your point: loud and clear might I add. You really did sober me up. I can appreciate a person like you who has been here longer than I and have more experience in areas that I don't. So thanks--but you're right: people will associate "finest" with most-trafficked...and the one that I've enjoyed most is definitely not my most trafficked!

8. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Hmmm...well, maybe you two didn't, but one or two did and it is best nipped in the bud now.

9. Brinafr3sh profile image80
      Brinafr3shposted 12 years ago

Hi Ithabise,
      I consider my phlebotomy hub-sites to be the best hubs, because I get more views with them. I have about 4 phlebotomy hub-sites, these hubs are considered to be in the healthcare category. And many medical professional are so interested in knowing basics about; The Order of Draw, Mobile Phlebotomist, Venipuncture Steps, and Phlebotomy State License/Certification. I didn't know I would as many views as I do for these 4 hub-sites. I'm happy that I made article sites that will be very useful and informative.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is exactly the type of reply I feared.

10. 2uesday profile image66
      2uesdayposted 12 years ago

With tongue in cheek I will say this one -

"Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London Town' - who made this famous ?"

Some days you just need something silly to make you laugh, and if anyone could make this one a money maker, well then, they are definitely better at SEO than I am.

Ha!Ha!

11. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years ago

Neither of my two faves is a high traffic hub. One is the hub about Gullah cuisine that won me $1,000, and the other is "Sins of the Father," a short story.

12. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 12 years ago

My hub about comparison of Indian and American stock markets.

13. freecampingaussie profile image61
      freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

The one I wrote for a joke has the most amazing amount of views !  One I wrote and wasn't going to publish for a while is popular & one I wrote for a laugh gets hits from google everyday as it is on the front page for searching !

14. Rosie2010 profile image67
      Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

My hub on notable people who died of cancer in 2010.  The list was so long, I was not able to finish it, but published it anyway as a work in progress.  It was a HubMob topic.  I didn't finish it on purpose, as a reminder that that list only included a handful of people who had died of cancer that year (more than 1,500 people die of cancer a day in America alone).  I can't really say if this hub is my finest, but it is the only hub that took me several days to research, and several more days to put together.  It is the one that touches me the most.

15. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 12 years ago

Everyone is getting wonderful opportunity to post his or her best hubs!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)