jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is the Amazon season over?

1. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

With people struggling, do you expect to see some last minute sales through Amazon today? or are we done for the Christmas season? Looking at last year's sales - the bulk seemed to be done by December 21!

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm making less this month than previous months...don't know why unless shoppers bought their gifts early..hmm

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I did great on Amazon this month. I have heard people say January is also a good Amazon month.

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I did better than expected for November and December-  hopefully my January sales aren't like last year - I had 8 sales in January 2010! Guess I should work on some Valentine's day hubs!!!

3. jcmayer777 profile image79
    jcmayer777posted 4 years ago

I don't expect to see much anymore before xmas, but there will probably be a little surge again after the holiday as people spend their gift money and buy what they really wanted, but didn't get.

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I figured the shopping spree was over, so I was surprised when I just checked and discovered I had made over $100 yesterday with Amazon.

5. Rising Caren profile image80
    Rising Carenposted 4 years ago

The holiday gift shopping season is pretty much over. Some people might still buy, but not that many. However, the gift card shopping season should start soon (the season where people - especially older teens and young adults - use the gift cards they got for the holidays to buy stuff online).

It's not quite as profitable, but for people with hubs (or other articles on other sites) aimed at the 14-22 year old crowd for items that cost in the 20-50$ range (thus within gift card range), it can be a nice little bonus.