jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon links help?

1. Pat Merewether profile image78
    Pat Merewetherposted 8 years ago

I keep trying to post links to Amazon.  I wrote an article on Kitchen Gadgets and wanted to post a link to the page where I found my cordless hand blender.  I went through all the steps and cut and pasted the link they gave me, but when I 'test' the link it says 'error'.  Am I missing something?

One time I did get a link to show up, but it's just a blue url, not really an affiliate link.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image78
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Are you trying to use the link capsule, or the new Amazon capsule?  In the Amazon capsule, you should be able to select that you'd like to enter specific products, then input the URL (make sure it's just the URL where the product is found, not HTML code provided by the affiliate program).

2. Pat Merewether profile image78

I was able to post just a link to the Amazon page where the product is sold. Should I just do that and say what the link is about?

I think it's probably better to try to use the Amazon capsule, since that will give you commissions, should anyone purchase it, and also displays the picture and price, and allows you to enter your own description, should you want to.

3. Pat Merewether profile image78

ok - I'll keep trying. thanks

Make sure you're actually using an Amazon capsule (which you can add to your hub under 'add more stuff' on the right side of your screen in edit mode on the hub, as you would any other capsule).  It sounded to me from your first post like you were trying to use a text capsule.

4. Pat Merewether profile image78

I finally did it!  Thanks so much.

working