jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

What is Hubspot?

1. arizonataylor profile image82
    arizonataylorposted 5 years ago

What is Hubspot?  Have you heard of this site?

1. lyndre profile image81
      lyndreposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why not just google it?

2. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I sat in on one of their webinars this week.  They coordinate all your social media marketing, email marketing, etc., give website consultations based on your biggest competitors.  This is what they sell.

2. arizonataylor profile image82

I did Google it.  I think I know, but I'm wondering if I'm right.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like another site that scrapes content.

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds about right- there's another I know of called Besthubpages from which someone has used our hubs to gain referals for themselves to make money

I know of at least 2 of my hubs which have links from Besthubpages

1. couturepopcafe profile image59

How did you access Besthubpages?  I can't get in without experiencing an error.

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
          CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've never actually accessed the site tbh- but when I check for backlinks to my hubs it regularly shows up on my lists.

3. arizonataylor profile image82

Yes!  That's exactly what is happening to me.  The site gives credit to me, links to me, and then ranks higher than mine.

4. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Hubspot is not a scraper.

It is also not related to HubPages.

They do own grader.com which has some really nifty tools for getting an idea of what you're doing wrong with your websites, blogs, twitter accounts, etc.

No use running your hub[ages subdomain through there as there is really nothing that you can do about your already high score (hubpages does all your on-page optimization for you.)

However, grader can help you figure out what you're doing wrong on twitter, google+, facebook, your own personal blogs, etc.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that information..Now I know.

2. couturepopcafe profile image59

With HubSpot, you need your own domain name for a consultation.

1. melbel profile image92
        melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For a consultation, yes, which is why it's not useful for a HubPages account.

However, you can use grader.com without a domain. For example with HubSpot's twitter grader (tweet.grader.com/), you just enter your twitter username. No domain necessary. tongue

1. couturepopcafe profile image59

So do you get to speak with anyone on grader?  It sounds like the same thing.  So this is their free version?

1. melbel profile image92
            melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, you don't speak to anyone. It's just an free, automated service. Kind of like their sales pitch, really.

It's helpful, though. I do it as a quick, initial check on my sites after I set them up. Very helpful, been using it for years, but I don't use their paid service. They also have a number of free .pdf guides somewhere on the main site that are helpful for social networking.

working