jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Will traffic/earnings be better or worse on Christmas?

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Will earnings/traffic be better or worse on X-mas eve and day? (In general)

While I was here on HP last year, I was not recieving the same amount of traffic - this year I have more data to compare...

1. wheelinallover profile image81
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I found hubpages traffic to be about the same, traffic on my blog site was actually higher than it had been in months. I considered this odd because no one was on that site all day. Traffic is fed to blogs two ways there, search engine traffic and from being shared on social networks by other members of the blogging platform.

It is normal for someone who works here to spend at least three hours a day on that site. We share blogs written by others in exchange for them sharing ours. The keywords for those blogs have higher search numbers for each word but together they are not searched that often.

Because of the nature of my work on hub pages the keywords are just plain not searched often other than by other hubbers.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I got inspired enough to go look at G.A. My traffic did the proverbial crash & burn on the 24th and 25th. Then it went up, up, and up every day until Jan 2nd; at which point it then went down, down, and down again.

1. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Was this last year 2010-11? I sure hope January is a decent month in 2012.

I have a lot of work ahead of me in reguards to writing on here and possibly pursuing other projects.

My computer broke end of last month, so I was not able to write, even though passive earnings were higher this December than I anticipated.

3. paradigmsearch profile image88

"Was this last year 2010-11?" Yes.

Unless I come up with some sort of brilliant niche, I'm not having too much hope right now... neutral

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Like you, David, I don't have but one Christmas to go on. 

Last year I saw a slow decline starting Thanksgiving and then really bottoming out on Christmas day with 1/2 normal views.  All followed by a very slow growth until Feb. 21, when it jumped back to pre-Thanksgiving traffic.  For 3 days until Panda hit. sad

It will be interesting to compare the shape of this years graph with last years even though the numbers are much higher.

5. erniesliter profile image59
    erniesliterposted 5 years ago

Funnily enough I seem to receive more views near Christmas usually.

6. paradigmsearch profile image88

So far, my usual Sunday night upswing has not begun.

1. rbe0 profile image60
      rbe0posted 5 years ago in reply to this

might not happen today. lotta people dont go to church on christmas...

so they dont come home feeling confused and hopeless. Thus they have no need for finding the answers provided in the wisdom of your hubs.

7. Max Dalton profile image81
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

My traffic quadrupled today. Woot.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can see why. Your hubs are about getting their Christmas presents to work. big_smile

8. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
    Ultimate Hubberposted 5 years ago

Mine is the lowest of last few months, as per usual. Every year I get the lowest traffic on Xmas.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yours are as mine. big_smile

9. Gofygure profile image90
    Gofygureposted 5 years ago

I lost about 18% of my average traffic on the 24th, then for the 25th it went back to normal. Now, thanks to all those kids getting a certain videogame yesterday, my traffic is already up 33% higher than the daily average. May as well ride the wave while I can, eh? smile

1. ttocs profile image94
      ttocsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me as well, gofygure, me as well smile

10. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Well my traffic went down on X-mas, but is now rising significantly again.

I have a feeling advertisers are going to start bidding less, though. My CPM is getting lower.

11. Midasfx profile image63
    Midasfxposted 5 years ago

This entire holiday season has really crippled my traffic and earnings. >_<

working