jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Newbie Seeking hints, tips, ideas and feedback

1. TFScientist profile image93
    TFScientistposted 4 years ago

Hi All!

I'm brand spanking new to HubPages and am looking to contribute positively and regularly to the community. I was hoping for some generic tips and ideas as well as more spcific feedback on some of my earliest posts. I was recommended by my brother-in-law and he said talking to the community was the fastest way to improve.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Try to remain calm.  The 'community' can sometimes be presumptious about any comments you might make in the forums.  As long as you're honest and respectful, you'll be ok.  Don't allow yourself to get caught up in the personal attacks.

Welcome to HP and good writing!

I've only read one hub but it was extremely informative.  Well done, you.  If this is indeed your writing and not copied out of a technical book (I'm not implying it was), then you have a great future in this type of writing and should consider a book of your own!

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is a mountain of stuff to learn.

Just keep writing and take your breaks by going to the Learning Center and the forums. smile

Merry Christmas!

2. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 4 years ago

You certainly are brand-spanking new here. Welcome! I will go look at your hubs and give some feedback. I am sure more will see your post here and do the same, especially once the weekend is past. Your brother-in-law is correct. Just hunt around the forums and hubs by others and "talk" with them and you will get responses. Glad to see you posted here on the Forum and hope you enjoy your HubPages experience! Merry Christmas to you, too! smile

3. ikechiawazie profile image72
    ikechiawazieposted 4 years ago

Keep writing,try and visit the forum as often as you can. Try reading other hubs and observe how they write and you can learn a thing or two from them

4. TFScientist profile image93
    TFScientistposted 4 years ago

Thanks for all the advice so far, and thank you for the thoughtful comments on the hubs you have viewed. I think I am really going to enjoy it here!

Nadolig Llawen! (Merry Christmas)