jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Let me use my side bar.

1. EpicTreeHouse profile image60
    EpicTreeHouseposted 7 years ago

If you are like me and publish longer hubs is there anyway I can put capsules into the side bar.  Specifically link, ebay, and Amazon capsules?  It seems like a waste of a perfectly good area and all it is is a bunch of white space.

Thanks for your consideration!

1. AEvans profile image75
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

mmm.. very valid question however I did try it and I believe that you could suggest it to HUBPAGES as at this time unfortunately unless there is a trick it isn't feasible.smile

2. 60
    fun2hubposted 7 years ago

I think it will be technically difficult to the admin smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

It sounds like from many of your posts that you should get your own blog through blogger or wordpress, then you can control everything you want.

4. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I had the same request.

the uninvited writer doesnt seem to like change or suggestions.

So, i guess, that was a good moniker -

These hubpages seems to have the open philosophy of shared progress - admin and content providers working together for max revenue.

Seems some get stuck on the content part - great content should lead to best profits and rankings - why not buy a nice dinner with the fruits of your labor -some customizations could help that.

5. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Actually, sunforged, Uninvited Writer is correct in her response to the OP.

All the posts started by EpicTreehouse are those demanding changes to the core of Hubpages.

To the OP:

There is a reason the white space is there, beyond to vex over-zealous advertisers who only use hubpages to promote their other website(s.)

Effective use of white space (as in, leaving some of the page blank, totally blank) is one skill used to bring a clarity to each page that would otherwise be lacking were you to, say, fill that space with advertisements and sales capsules.

In short - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Leave the white space alone.

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I had asked the same question relating to why adsense ads were served only at the top (The OP's original distinction of longer posts is relative) and relates to my strong answer towards Uninvited as I received this response:

think there comes a point when you have too many Adsense ads that people stop visiting because all they see are ads and the content is hard to find. I think we have just enough ads.

But the big difference being, when I clicked on a random 5 hubs of hers - which i am sure are very well written - they are a little over a two paragraphs long -about a tenth the size of what I have been producing - so she does not have massive amounts of unused space in her hubs - my contention and hope is a reader may click a few links after being interested in my content so i want the ads near the conclusion of the piece.

i have been trying to keep in mind the content standards for the flagship hubs - I feel that I will get very little adsense revenue due to the placement of the ads (which is ok, its not my main motivation)

but its a moot point as my question was answered concisely by a moderator.

here:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/9434#post102790

thanks for clarifying for me, as with this background info I dont see Uninviteds responses quite the same way