Posting links to sell products other than Amazon's

1. spookyfox profile image81
    spookyfoxposted 4 years ago

Can we use affiliates other than the ones included in HubPages? There's some cool products I'd like to write about but they're not in Amazon or eBay.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Probably no-one has answered you because none of us are sure which affiliate links HP allow and which they won't, as they won't give us a list.

They changed the rules, or rather tightened up existing rules, after Panda.

I would suggest you write an email to hubstaff and ask if the affiliate you have is mind is permitted.

Or you could just name it here on the forum and perhaps someone will know if it is allowed or not.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Like Izzy says, HubPages doesn't allow some affiliate links but they won't say which ones!

They did say that "reputable" affiliate networks are OK.  I promote products from ShareASale, Linkshare and Affiliate Future and have never had a problem, so I'm guessing other big networks like Commission Junction or the Google Affiliate Network would be fine, too.   

Clickbank is definitely not allowed, nor any affiliate links to "make money online" type products (e.g. Market Samurai, SEO-related products etc).

If you do put an affiliate link in your Hub, the worst that can happen is it gets unpublished, so you could just try it and see!