jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

For the Bored and Purposeless

1. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 4 years ago

I just found this saying and WOW! Trying to think what I'm passionate about, what I care about at all anymore - it was perfect for me:

I've never suddenly become passionate about something while sitting around on the couch.

Experiencing things is how you find out what you like, not by sitting around thinking about things. Just like children (anyone really) learning new things, it takes experience. You can discover a passion in life but that won't happen without trying something that you're not trying now.

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
      Earl S. Wynnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is pretty good! Strangely enough, I do get good ideas in the shower at times though! smile

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great saying.   I would love to add that passion is also found by intense self-discovery.   We must also defy the conventional wisdom of society, family, and culture.  Passion also involve taking risks and often going on the road less traveled.  One cannot be fearful and pursue their passion.  Passion is not for cowards nor the timorous!

2. ddsurfsca profile image78
    ddsurfscaposted 4 years ago

The cherakee indians use the same word for love as they do for hate, and you guessed it, literally translated, it is passion.
    A person who has no passion in life for anything, is not only bored, but lives a meaningless existance. 
    If you have no passion for anything, your soul is lost and your heart is faint.

1. TLMinut profile image61
      TLMinutposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's why I was looking, I kept looking up things about goals but realized it's not that I'm afraid (to either fail or be successful), not that I'm worried about what others think, I just don't care. At all about pretty much anything. Nothing motivates me enough to try. Well, that blog I found gave me an idea that's great for me - I won't find something in my imagination, nothing in my thoughts. I have to go do things, even if I don't care because the only possibility is that I'll come across something once I'm doing it. I may never find something to be passionate about, but I won't be worse off than I am now and at least that way, it's possible.

And then I came on here and saw the hub of the week topic is about having goals.

3. ddsurfsca profile image78
    ddsurfscaposted 4 years ago

I am absolutely passionate about horses.  I must have one, and I ride and ride, and never grow bored with it.  If I do not have a horse, I am passionate about getting one.  I will even go so far as to look in the classified ads, and when I find an ad for a horse for sale, I will go and check him out and ride him to check him out, just to take up a sunday afternoon.