Check these articles

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

This guy: http : //www.triond.com/users/snowneo has taken at least 3 hubs, check to see if yours are there. If you are a Triond member, flag him.

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe inform the site?

Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I sent them a message.

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image79
          Earl S. Wynnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excellent! Thank you for catching this. smile

1. Cardisa profile image87
            Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh no, not again! Thanks UW for catching this.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well caught Susan!

I went through his list and while there are none of mine that I can see there, has nicked a huge amount of hubs, many of which were recently in the hot hubs list.

Edit: checked again and yes he has one of mine. DMCA getting filled out right now.

3. wordscribe43 profile image90
      wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Susan.  I hate to be obtuse but I can't see where his articles are listed.  I can't figure out Triond, really.  I only see his profile and his list of friends, no content. 

Can anyone enlighten me?

I know I'm being dumb...

1. marriedwithdebt profile image78
        marriedwithdebtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think his profile has been suspended and articles no longer viewable. I tried to follow a link below and article was removed.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Looks like they have all been removed. But why not ban him also?

1. wordscribe43 profile image90

YAY!!!!  I can't imagine he wouldn't get banned.  But, stranger things have happened, huh?

Thanks for being a good watch dog, UW!

4. Just Ask Susan profile image88
      Just Ask Susanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This guy is on hubpages. He follows me, will be right back. I need to go find out his name.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88

He's here on HubPages still and uses the same name that he does on Triond.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image69
    Peter Hogganposted 12 years ago

One of his articles is ironically titled 'Meat Theft: Funny Until You're Caught'.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Maybe Hubbers should start sending bills for their work, to these perpetrators,instead?roll

4. tlpoague profile image82
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

I couldn't tell if any of mine are on there, but it is obvious that he is taking someone's work and using it as his own. I will have to take a closer look for mine.

He usually uses the same title if that helps smile

1. tlpoague profile image82
        tlpoagueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I will keep looking.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I don't know how Triond works, but each of his stolen articles are on other sites. The one he stole from me is on socyberty.com, whoever they are.

Yet they are all listed on Triond?

Triond publishes your work on various sites depending on subject.

6. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Socyberty is just another trionds website. They separate content as per niches.

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

More bad news.

The site he lists as being his on that Triond page is full of stolen hubs.

http hmm/snowneo.com and it seems to be a mirror site of http: //hubpage.info

But he has Google advertising on that site smile

I haven't found any of mine copied so I can't file yet another DMCA with Google.

8. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Just for the heck of it, I checked out triond.

They are a PR 5. HP is a PR 6.

They only accept original content (supposedly), that has never been previously published elsewhere on the net. So they're not even any good to use for hub zero-traffic leftovers that one might want to try moving somewhere else. And they only pay 50%.

9. Michele Travis profile image67
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

Please forgive me for asking this question.  I am new to this,  but why do people want to copy other people's hubs?  Why don't they want to write their own?

1. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why parasites need a host with sufficient resources for survival? The same reason scrapers act like leechers for the content. It saves their time and they can make money too.

2. tlpoague profile image82
      tlpoagueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lazy, crazy, and want a quick buck, comes to mind.

1. Michele Travis profile image67
        Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I see.   Then they are comming stealing.  Pretty nasty.

10. marriedwithdebt profile image78
    marriedwithdebtposted 12 years ago

Ironically he stole some advice on what to do when accused of stealing

http://computersight.com/software/accus … -take-now/

11. marriedwithdebt profile image78

His Twitter handle is @XxSnowneoxX

I sent him a friendly message!

12. marriedwithdebt profile image78

Nice work people. Guy's profile seems to not have any articles up anymore, plus the article I linked to above says no longer posted.

Let's keep watching each others' backs.

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79

And the first one I saw explicitly said at the top not to use article without permission. Show that that does no good unfortunately.

14. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Is it just me or has the theft gotten a lot worse lately?  Or, perhaps we're just better at finding the thieves...?

I don't know, but I'm impressed how well the community pulls together to stop these jerks.

15. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Good work! Thanks, Susan smile

16. marriedwithdebt profile image78

This guy is here on Hubpages. Joined a week ago under the same name.

I think he should be banned from Hubpages.

It is clear he is only here to steal our articles. He probably plans to publish articles he steals from Triond on here.

17. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

His one hub is spun - "Garden function is an all-time preferred of children that are looking to create a little bit of additional cash." or "Pet seated has also become very well-known over the last season or so."

This breaks HP's TOS, so flag him.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image79

If he is from Calgary I am Princess Kate...

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow.. Your sister is sooooo Harried!  smile

2. Just Ask Susan profile image88

His FaceBook page says he's from Elliott Lake....

19. Uninvited Writer profile image79

It is possible he could be using someone else's name and picture. Sorry to sound so paranoid, but it's been done.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not just possible - probable.

For anyone to use spinner software so badly, English certainly can't be his first language.

20. Uninvited Writer profile image79

He seems to be gone from Triond, I can't bring up his profile.

21. Uninvited Writer profile image79
  22. Uninvited Writer profile image79

And check here, his articles are listed here too

http://digg.com/snowneo

Okay...enough, I have better things to do smile

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

start leaving comments...call him out!

23. Winterfate profile image95
    Winterfateposted 12 years ago

He stole one of my hubs yesterday, and I took immediate action.

While I agree with the fact that he might be gone from Triond, my article is still over there, in full copy-pasted glory. hmm

I let the employee know that I'd be back later to check on the article...

Anyways, just want to take a moment to thank my fellow hubbers, especially Writer Fox who helped me deal with that problem. smile

24. marriedwithdebt profile image78

Question to all who had articles stolen - did you get a Duplicate Warning on your stolen hubs?

Just wondering how I can stay on top of theft, other than manually checking all my Hubs with Google or Copyscape.

1. wordscribe43 profile image90

No duplicate warning when mine have been stolen, unfortunately.

So, yes... you'd need manually check.  sad

2. Judi Bee profile image90
      Judi Beeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, I got no warning.  Marisa Wright has a thread in the "make a suggestion/report a problem" forum in which she suggests that HubPages discontinue the checker since it apparently only checks your hubs when your traffic is over a certain level. 

Clearly, my traffic hasn't hit that level (no surprise there then!)  I take Marisa's point that the promise of a duplicate warning lulls you into a false sense of security.  If it doesn't appear, you assume all is well.  But it isn't. 

So, best thing to do is make your own arrangements for checking, in whatever way is best for you.

25. Winterfate profile image95
    Winterfateposted 12 years ago

I got a duplicate content warning...shortly before my hub got unpublished although it clearly pre-dated the offender's copy-pasted clone. However I already cleared this up with Hubpages and my hub has been republished. Now I'm trying to get the copied article taken down from Triond.

26. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago
    1. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
      ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And on StumbleUpon he lists a real name... Marcus something... geez. It's on Twitter as well. Oh wait, and on Squidoo...

27. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Marcus Arse.. How can you forget that? LOL

Look, the poor guy is just looking for love. I saw him on a dating site too just waiting for the woman of his dreams.

Yeah right!

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol He is such an arse!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)