jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Best or Worst Infomercial product

1. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 5 years ago

What is the best or worst infomercial product on the market?

1. lukejamesmiller profile image74
      lukejamesmillerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Worst-Mighty putty--It's green to white technology.

2. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago

Most of the people who buy infomercial products can't read, so this may not go very far.

1. profile image0
      jenuboukaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's true and funny.  If all else fails in the writing biz I can always sell a product on QVS

3. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 5 years ago

I remember in the '70s, when TV shut down at about 10.30pm, and just before the queen appeared and the national anthem was played, there was a infomercial every night.  There was one which told people to look out for milk bottles building up outside the front doors of elderly neighbours.  There was also one which showed a cartoon character drowning after eating a full-course meal before swimming in the ocean.  There was also one which showed a child being killed while flying their kite under a powerline.  This one terified me as a child.

1. profile image0
      Muldaniaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A BBC information film, according to Harry Enfield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

4. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago

Are we talking about infomercials or PSA's?

1. profile image0

Infomercials I thought....
      The snuggie with the but flap kills me, or the foot scrubber that prevents you from having to bend over, this is good for preggers. 
      Or the space bags you use a vacuum to seal.  What if you vacuum is a POS and doesn't have good suction?
      I could go on....

5. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 5 years ago

I seem to recall a product (back in the 1980's) that was, for all intents and purposes..spray paint, that men would use to hide bald spots on their head. I also recall that it was endorsed by actor, Ted Danson. Does anyone remember what it was called?

1. profile image0

Oh I remember this but no I don't Ronco was the inventor.

6. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 5 years ago

I hate to say this, but I see those products in Walgreen's and I want them!

Does it make me wrong to want to use the handy chopper, the super sharp knives that never need sharpening, the ceramic non stick pan, and the grabber?

Am I a sucker for any cleaning item that comes on a long stick that makes it easier to scrub the tub? Well, yes I am.

1. profile image0

I am too, Xenolit.  Have you seen the bowl thing that shreds cheese or garlic?  Who can not want the mini burger grill.

7. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Me big_smile

working