jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Christmas 2007

1. cashmaster007 profile image60
    cashmaster007posted 7 years ago

I was talking with friends the other day and we all remember being more optimistic about the world 12 months ago .

I have created http://hubpages.com/hub/Christmas_2007 and I would be grateful if anyone could add any comments or critiques .

Thanks in advance

2. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago

I agree that we were more optimistic a short twelve months ago. 

Your Hub is too short.

Strive for 1,000 words or more.  But more important, develop the ideas you suggest, such as,
    "More highschool music overload."  What do you mean?

More body bags...what do you mean?...are you looking at the news and saying this, or do you have a personal experience with body bags?  If you don't have this personal experience, then what is it about this news touches you?

It was a very bad year.  Paint it for us, using your feelings and experiences as the textures and the colors of the painting.

Organize your thoughts into topics, and use the Hub text capsules to subtitle the ideas in your Hub accordingly.

Find images on the web...try sxc.hu...to help you express your thoughts, and incorporate the images you find into your Hub.

I share the feeling that you have...I wish you would express it for me.

Hope this helps.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Most sites I write for suggest that online articles be between 400 and 600 words. Mine usually fall into that. I've never been one to ramble on.

4. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago

There's a difference between rambling on and using the right number of words to make a point.  You can make your point in two words, like what we heard yesterday about the election in the US, "...three days".  Three days says it all.

But sometimes you need 1,000 words, or a million words to make your point.

Whatever whichever sites may suggest, the important thing is to make yourself understood.  Content is king, they say, and maybe you can deliver king content with two words, or 400, or 1,000, or a million.

As writers, we are our own judges of that.

5. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I have been toning down the length as it was a learning curve for me. smile

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I didn't mean to imply that longer hubs are rambling on...

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I understood what you meant yesterday.  I myself often write longer hubs, but I do see the point of writing a shorter one.