Celebration! First time payout in one month!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (96 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years ago

Well, I would have made it sooner if it hadn't been for stupid Panda. But after a year, I finally got to the place where I've achieved  payout in one month! smile Now if I could actually get a payout every month from now on, I'd be happy! smile I think I quite like HP new advertising plan after all.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Way to go, Sophia!  That's another great milestone to see, and one I waited a long time for - I only started making payout every month a few months ago.

I balloons from here, too - you have great times ahead.  Maybe a couple of months not making it, but soon I'm sure you will see it each and every month.

Yes, I think HP has done a great job with their plan - it leaves adsense in the dust.

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness. Hoping so. It's nice to know that others are getting there as well. I'm more and more seeing this as to do with topic rather than anything else. smile

2. liftandsoar profile image59
      liftandsoarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad for you.  But I'm a newbie.  What is Panda?  Or shouldn't I bother since you call her (him, it) stupid.

She's right - to date Panda has exhibited enormous stupidity, near total lack of intelligence, and a completely uncaring attitude as incomes were ruined in the name of "progress".

Panda is that latest major overhaul to the algorithm used by google to determine where your hub will be in the search engine listings.

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just seeing you mentioned it here wilderness, what I am finding strange is that Google seem to be unable to send search traffic to the content of my hubs.

I watch real-time Analytics a lot. I know...sad.

But because I have very little traffic left, I can actually tell which search engine is sending what traffic.

Google sends people to my hubs with the most stupid search terms, things that are barely related.

They didn't used to do that. They do it now, it's almost like they are guessing what my hubs are about, and fingers crossed , get it right.

I can't find find my hubs for their targetted search terms, probably because Google's algo has placed them somewhere different.

I see the search term, I see the hub opened and know that I didn't provide the answer the searcher was looking for.

My hub wasn't even targeted at that search term.

This is Google. Yahoo and Bing and anyone else get it right, but not Google.

1. profile image0

Google has gone to Gaggle town I think

2. wilderness profile image95

Now that is an interesting observation.  I know, without asking, that this is new (since Panda) because you used to get good traffic.  So what has changed?  Can Panda not recognize your keywords? 

Perhaps not, but why not?  What makes your keyword usage unique and un-pandalizable?

On the down side, it would seem that when all your traffic is actually searching for something else and promptly leaving as a result, Panda will eventually take note of that (if it hasn't already) and basically shut down your whole site.

From your post, Bing and Yahoo are able to understand your keywords and send appropriate searchers, which is most interesting.  I've never been able to get hardly anything at all from them - is it possible that our styles of writing are somehow appropriate for particular SE's?  I've thought about trying to target Bing, but if it means losing google I won't chance it as much as I would love to leave google in the dust behind me.

I do give google an A for effort, but that's about it.  So far, Panda is about as stupid as it gets.  Even though it is being really nice to me I just don't think it is doing the job it should.

1. profile image0

That's interesting, Wilderness. I find that some of my pieces get traffic from all three search engines. Also, on a couple of occasions, again depending on the particular hub, they've been picked up in under 24 hours. Of course, this is not every hub - just a few.

While I've had a few hubs indexed in 24 hours, it is very unusual.  Enough so that I've taken to using WMT to speed it up - nearly all are indexed in 24 hours if I ask for it that way.

Both Bing and Yahoo show about 7000 visits for me, while google dot com is coming up on 150,000.  Add in the other googles and it's probably around 175,000.  That's quite a difference.

3. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am so happy to hear that.  I know it's not enough to get you out of your troubles, but it is a beginning.  It's a heck of a lot better than nothing!

4. profile image48
      Jesus was a hippoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. I haven't even made my first payment yet. How much do you need to get a payout?

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You need to write something first even a blonde knows that smile

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
          wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

blondepoet . . .  it is a glorious omen to the start of a new year seeing you wink

happy new year you gorgeous blonde!

Oh woo hoo seeing all my gorgeous friends, big hugs Wavegirl you are looking more beautiful every day and I mean that. I am feeling rather fagged out today xx

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff388/hotbolly/Funny/billikadushman.jpg

blondepoet. .

once again in the nick of time you make things all bright and delicious!

thank you wink

2. profile image48

Well yes, that would go without saying roll I just wanted to know what the minimum payout amount was.

2. blondepoet profile image67

I am a Aussie fair dinkum.....so here it is $150 for payout, in USA I think it's 100

1. profile image48

Thanks babe. So thats about £60 in real money then? big_smile

That must be pounds

such a breathe of fresh air having the blonde one back

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5978443_f248.jpg

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Congrats! smile

3. R9139 profile image61
    R9139posted 12 years ago

Well done

I think you've gone ape

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Congratulations, Sophia!

5. Michele Travis profile image65
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

Congrats to you!smile

6. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Good news! Congrats!! smile

7. Earl S. Wynn profile image79
    Earl S. Wynnposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! big_smile

8. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years ago

Thanks, everybody. smile I realized about a month ago that HubPages was getting its money side right again, so I've started writing again. Interestingly, when Panda decided to intervene, it started me writing ebooks. It took me about six months to understand that market but I'm beginning to sell now - slowly but surely. smile

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes Karma pushes us in another direction, sometimes she shoves...  Glad things are looking up on both fronts.

1. profile image0

Appreciated. smile

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

This isn't Panda. This is a Google algo update, specifically the one they implemented on August 10th.

I survived Panda. My post-Panda traffic was higher than it is now, despite writing many more hubs.

If you remember, when subdomains came in, mine floated.

Then on August 10th, they sunk.

Google sending the wrong search traffic is par for the course, I think. It also gives them an excuse to keep me in the doldrums, because of course the traffic they are sending are not finding answers.

But this is only Google.com. My hubs rank highly in the other Googles, and I get the correct search traffic sent from them.

So there is something in the dot com algo which is wrong for me, and I can't work it out.

Meanwhile. I'm getting traffic from Bing and Yahoo, but I don't know why. I don't know how to target them.

1. profile image0

Izzy, google plus has a feedback goodie for google plus. Maybe you can send them a message about it? smile Although they might get peeved that you're using it for something other than G+

1. IzzyM profile image86

Exactly. I don't even send them my hubs. I only share good stuff I find  LOL

I have a 3000 word hub left unpublished on my account. It took me over 24 hours of constant work to research and write.

I'm not publishing it until Google show me some consideration (bugger this LOVE stuff - Google never loves anybody whose name doesn't start with a dollar sign).

Why should I publish, just for some asshole to steal it and then rank above me?

2. wilderness profile image95

You're making me think again, but all that's happening is wheels spinning. 

I thought all the google's were about the same now.  Yes, Panda rolled out in the dot com first, then spread to others, and I think the updates did too.  But Aug 10 was a long way back and they should all have it now.

More confusion - that's about all I come up every time I see the sad little purple guy.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Hey there are days when I think this sad little purple guy is here to stay.

I just wish I knew what was wrong.

If anyone wants to check on my hubs, check the recent hubs. I have so tried to avoid putting things into them that I know Google doesn't like.

Google apparently hates Amazon hubs, they see them as 'landing pages' - is that the word? Pages encouraging others to click through to another site?

I have quite a lot of them actually. But each hub (with the exception of one or two) is also informative.

If you really just want a laugh, read my hub about Christmas earrings.

Well, hey there is only so much you can say about them! Me and a pal had hysterics one night reading it!!

That said, I sold a LOT of Christmas earrings last year.

This year, not so much seeing Google is treating all my hubs so badly.

But out of 500+ hubs i have a handful that are crap? What about the other 480 odds?

1. Lissie profile image75
          Lissieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Google pretty much doesn't trust Hubpages anymore. That's why I moved on - I've put Amazon articles up on Wizzley and had sales within 24 hours - they index within 1 hour! You are flogging a dead horse here - you can't control the over-all authority of the Hubpages domain - and the management here clearly doesn't want to - so its really time to stop wasting your considerable writing talents and move on!

And remember as of 1 Jan - you won't get any Amazon sales at all as they are all being rounded up into the HPAds program

1. IzzyM profile image86

I joined Wizzley months ago. Maybe it's time to put some content up there. Thanks for the reminder:)

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe that's your problem.  One of the Panda updates (I can't recall which one) walloped my pointe shoes website and I couldn't understand why.

After some research, I discovered that Google will now sandbox an entire domain (or sub-domain) if it has even a few "low quality" posts.  So you can have a heap of great content, but if you've written a few bad posts, you're cactus.

I had a few posts where I'd just embedded a Youtube video and added a line or two of explanatory text. I either consolidated them, or added more text.  On the next Panda update, the site recovered.

It did seem unfair to me that Google ignored all my long, informative posts and dumped me on the basis of a handful of half-baked ones. But at the time, I found lots of people who'd had the same thing happen, and there are even some posts on the Google forum where Google staff confirm that's the case.

By the way, you say you weren't affected by Panda - I think most people use Panda to refer to all the algo changes now. You got hit by Panda 2.4

1. IzzyM profile image86

I've already unpublished loads. I think maybe the time is coming when I take up Paul's suggestion and unpublish the lot, then add them back in one by one to see what happens.

Either that, or leave the site, just leave everything here and wait for it to sort itself out.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Sophia. Good work!

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

I don't see how that would help, because you'll end up with a sub-domain full of 404's, which Google doesn't like?

2. IzzyM profile image86

Oh and no, all the Google's aren't the same.

Here in Europe, the very day after it was announced that the EC was about to find against Google for altering the search criteria for a couple of well-knoen European sites, my hubs rose in Google.eu. well there is no Google.eu but all the google europes come under that umbrella.

Even now, I get more visits from google.co.uk alone that I do from google.com

This happened early December, round about the 6th.

I do believe some prominent hubbers posted about the change.

Now that you mention that I do remember some changes in Europe after that.  And I do get quite a few visits from google.uk as well as a few others.  Just nothing even close to the dot com. 

I don't have anything to offer, Izzy, but a pat on the back and a big hug.  I haven't forgotten you and Randy, though, and I think there are quite a few of us still looking and thinking about the whole thing.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Thankyou Sweetheart smile

I'm glad you are thinking of us 'unfortunates'.even if no-one else does.

I am still open to interpretation if anyone wants a go. Just warning you now though, I bite smile

Alright - you've got an email coming.  Don't bite too hard, please! smile

1. IzzyM profile image86

Thank God I went to bed when I did LOL, I was getting silly (well, sillier than usual)!

Thanks I got your email and responded smile

Many thanks for taking the time to try and help me smile

10. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I made adsense payout every month for quite a while but now it's almost nothing.  Like Izzy, Google is pissed at me for some reason.  But glad you are getting better earnings anyway. smile

11. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Paradigmsearch hits payout in the nick of time!

News Conference at 11.

12. SaDDOS profile image59
    SaDDOSposted 12 years ago

We can has many more payout fun time in the futures by we working together.

By we working together we can has promote peace and happinesses and blackforest cakes for many.

13. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to you and thank you for sharing the information.

For all the curious about Panda, I have a recent update about Google Panda and what you can do about it as a content writer.  You can find the Hub from my profile page: 'Google Panda.'

Congrats again, Sophia!
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5957976_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Wow Writer Fox! I just read your hub on what Panda wants and now I'm wondering if I'm doing a good enough job! Quite honestly, that's a lot to measure up to.

14. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

Just in case I was reading wrong .. there isnt A Panda Update ... Panda is a constant. It is tweaked and ran nearly monthly

http://www.seomoz.org/google-algorithm-change

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Panda began in February, 2011, and has had MANY updates since then.  More are expected for 2012.

Google tweaks its algorithms more than once a day.  The specific Panda updates for 2011 were documented as follows, by Webmaster World:

Panda Updates:
      Panda 3.2 on December 19th
      Panda 3.1 on November 18th
      Panda 2.5.3 on October 19/20th
      Panda 2.5.2 on October 13th
      Panda 2.5.1 on October 9th
      Panda 2.5 on September 28th
      Panda 2.4 in August
      Panda 2.3 on around July 22nd.
      Panda 2.2 on June 18th or so.
      Panda 2.1 on May 9th or so.
      Panda 2.0 on April 11th or so.
      Panda 1.0 on February 24th

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah , great list ..but I think SEomoz may have outlined a bit better in the link you just quoted

15. supergood profile image61
    supergoodposted 12 years ago

Way to go!
    Keep up with the good work:)

16. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Paul Edmondson advised it ages ago in this hub.

http://pauledmondson.hubpages.com/hub/W … e-Products

"What's the best way to go about trying to bring an account back into Google's good graces?

Here is an option (If you have a few Hubs).

Unpublish all your Hubs - It's safer than you think to do this as Google has a long memory and will check back often for a page even if Google is given a page not found message.
    "

My bolding - not his.

It's still an option left to try.

1. profile image0

Izzy, what do you mean? About four months ago, I deleted about 50 of my worst performing hubs. But I've written about 50 since then so I've made up for it.  Does he mean a page that Google doesn't like? And how is one supposed to know what Google likes and doesn't?

1. IzzyM profile image86

No idea. I am going through mine now and unpublishing stuff that haven't seen any traffic for a month.

I might find I have 10 hubs left at the finish!

1. profile image0

Well, maybe I should get rid of some as well.

But Sophia, isn't your traffic doing OK?  You sound like you're doing well, since you've reached an important milestone! 

I'd be tempted to say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it - although if you're not currently writing at other sites too, you might want to consider moving some of your poorer performers elsewhere, just to spread your risk.

I suppose it depends whether you think Paul knows what he's talking about when it comes to Panda.  Considering he's been involved in many of the decisions which have been widely questioned - like removing Amazon capsules and affiliate links - I'm not convinced.

Wow Marissa I have read some off the wall things in these forums but to say that you are not convinced about Paul knowing what he is talking about when it comes to Panda is pretty bold of you.

Interesting that you are still around here with the displeasure that it sounds like you are feeling towards the changes HubPages has made. Maybe a trip to Austin to hear Paul speak at the annual "South by Southwest" conference in Austin, Texas where he will be speaking  to a crowd of web developers, designers, writers, and artists on how to recover their traffic, if their site has been hit unfairly by Google’s algorithmic changes. Guess one would have trouble tap dancing through a conference like that if he didnt know what he was talking about. I think the date of this conference is March 10th so plenty of time to get on board.

1. KeithTax profile image72
          KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just because youu give a speech at a conference doesn't make you infallible. I give continueing education seminars to accountants and IRS agents. That doesn't mean I know everything about taxes or that I am always right. Remember, wavegirl22, blind faith is a fools game. A true leader wants dessenting opinions to hone his own. The only thing you can say about Paul giving a speech at a conference is that he is respected in that community. Nothing more. Now we can all return to our delusions of grandeur.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
            WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some of the worse science I have heard has been at scientific conferences.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Changing to subdomains was a big save for HP. He (Paul Edmondson) said from the start that some would do well and some wouldn't. Quantcast has HP ranked at 65 which is very decent since it took such a hit last spring.  Alexa ranks HP in the top 500 sites worldwide, 297, 207[US] - PR6.  That's a lot of organic traffic that some could never achieve with their own websites alone!

Just because some don't complain in the forums doesn't mean they have blind faith. It could mean many are doing what's necessary to make their subdomains work for them.  Wave Girl, in particular has done very well, recently passing the 1,000,000 mark with views.

+1

Happy New Year rebekahELLE !

2. wordscribe43 profile image91
              wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1...  Exactly, rebekah.

3. wavegirl22 profile image48

From someone who not too long ago announced that he was no longer going to be here on HubPages it is interesting how you have the time to still come around and leave comments such as this one.

1. KeithTax profile image72
              KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wavegirl, you're the kind of person that makes HP so welcoming. I wish you all the best, too.

Wavegirl, I regard HubPages as my online home - that doesn't mean I have to worship its leader as a holy guru who can do no wrong!

The sub-domain switch was about the only good decision HubPages made in response to Panda.  Paul admitted as much in his interview about the decision to switch to sub-domains.  He basically said that they decided to create sub-domains because they'd tried a whole bunch of other things, none of which had worked. 

That whole bunch of other things included several measures which other highly experienced and successful internet entrepreneurs thought were ill-advised and unnecessary at the time - and so they proved, since they didn't help. 

After Panda, everyone was stabbing in the dark, so it doesn't mean Paul or the HP team are stupid. But their record indicates they don't have any inside knowledge which makes them a particularly reliable authority.

and where are these
            now?

I am curious to understand what this means :

Do you think you get points for calling HubPages home? If that were so I would think you would have some decent respect for your home.  Criticize all that you feel, I am a firm believer that restrictions and open communication are what makes the best even better . .. but what you feel are negatives and the way that you and others speak about it in an open forum remember it is a true reflection of who pens it.

Most of them are not on HubPages, but they are still highly successful on their own websites and on other sites. And they're still successfully using many of the techniques - such as Amazon and affiliate sales - which HubPages outlawed because they jumped to the conclusion Google didn't like them.

What it says. The HubPages team came up with, and implemented, several ideas which might help HubPages recover from Panda.  By Paul's own admission, only one of those ideas turned out to be right (because only one of them worked). 

So if most of Paul's previous ideas to recover from Panda were wrong, how much confidence should we have in this idea?   

As for getting points for calling HP home - if you read my post carefully, I'm not saying anything against HubPages.  I'm simply cautioning another Hubber from implementing an idea which I think is dubious, and reminding her that Paul has made bad suggestions in the past - so she should think carefully before taking his word as gospel.

2. Greekgeek profile image79
              Greekgeekposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I probably don't qualify, as I'm not quite earning enough to live on yet. So, call me a journeyman with five years of studying SEO? smile

Back in January, I predicted Panda and was called an alarmist on the site where I make the bulk of my income. Sure enough, I was dead wrong. THAT site -- another of the Hubpages/Infobarrel clan -- didn't get hit by Panda at all. But most other user-generated content sites did.

So, why did some sites get hit by Panda while some didn't? Why did Hubpages get thwacked? I started studying. I published a detailed analysis of Hubpages vs. Panda in March. I need to update it now, but I still feel that what I said then remains true: Hubpages did both good and bad in its flail to escape the Panda Punch.

The good was site architecture improvements. Hubpages improved its site navigation and interlinking, and quarantined spam and duplicate content.

The bad was its overly broad assault on affiliate programs and outbound links. Why do I know that? Because the site where I was which Panda left alone had MORE lenient policies on outbound links and embedded third party affiliate links.

Paul Edmondson and HP were using the "throw it at a wall and see what sticks!" approach to Panda-recovery. In some cases it might have been better to study rival sites that escaped Panda before implementing those changes, since one could cross some of them off the "likely culprits" list.

After five years of studying SEO and 4 years here on Hubpages you are not making enough to live on. .. yet?

And that qualifies you to make an assessment of what Hubpages did right and wrong?

Were you in the room where this was going on? I bet just a picture of that could be worth some money today!

Other sites you write, the unhit rival sites that you say did not get Panda'ed I would imagine should be getting 100 per cent of your attention as it sounds like you have made more money there and not here on Hubpages. .

Wavegirl, why is this making you so angry?  Greekgeek is just saying what Paul virtually admitted to be the case.

Greekgeek says she's not "quite" earning enough to live on.  That depends on her definition of what's enough, surely.  She may be paying all her living expenses but not quite covering the mortgage, for instance.  In my book that would be pretty impressive - and it wouldn't surprise me, because I've never seen her give a piece of bad advice on internet entrepreneurship in these forums.  Ever.  I'll bet she knows a lot more than either of us.

The important thing about her post, if you can calm down enough to read it properly, is that she's giving a concrete example of how HubPages' interpretation of "how to fix Panda" has been proven wrong in the past.  By Paul's own admission, they came up with several ideas, but only one of them was correct.  ALL I've been trying to say, all along, is that one therefore has to take any further ideas they have with a big pinch of salt.

Marissa,

I am not angry. Nice try in trying to turn this issue into my anger. I am quite happy if you must know.  I am just tired of reading all that people have to say about what they think HubPages did and does wrong. Lord have mercy its enough already. The key to success is to stay on task and keep up with the changes that are and will forever happen.

3. IzzyM profile image86

Back off now, Wavegirl.
              Hey you're my best buddy online but I think you are out of order here.
              The past, has happened. I  think Marisa  is one of the good guys.
              She's always been brilliant to me.

I'm leaving HP, sort of. Without Google love there is no point.

I've unpublihsed loads in the last 24 hours, but I'll put them back when I'm in the mood, because if I don't, all the thieves get to keep to keep what they stole from me.
              Save our anger for those that deserve it.

17. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

tongue

18. prism3x profile image39
    prism3xposted 12 years ago

congratulations!

19. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 12 years ago

A big grats so when are we hitting the town x

20. Moonmaiden profile image68
    Moonmaidenposted 12 years ago

Congrats. It was a rough year for many of us. May we all bounce back and then some.

21. dipless profile image69
    diplessposted 12 years ago

Congratulations, that is a great result, hope it only continues to get better smile

22. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Hey Wavegirl, mi amiga and all that, don't discard this info out of hand. This is feedback. I'm in the middle of unpublishing everything. The only reason that hasn't happened is because I don't have the spare bandwidth.

I have last year's figures to look back on.

This year I just want to curl in a corner and die.

Not that that will take much effort, because my hubs are effectively dead in thE water.

I am really listening, for the first time n my life.

It's also true that by simply unpblishing I have opened a can of worms. Everyone steals my work.
    by unpublishing they get away with it?
    Don't think so...

Izala.. .

Your work better not be pulled down. Im glad u are low in bandwidth. Gives you time to think more.

If you keep saying things they will come true. I know google loves you they have and they will again.

23. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 12 years ago

And sorry, Sophia, we've totally hijacked your thread!

24. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

wavegirl22, I probably need to get to know you better, because your responses have definitely sounded to me like angry attacks on Marisa, who essentially only made a calm and rational statement that amounted to advice for Izzy to proceed with caution.  What is the problem with that?  Where did she ever make any statement that amounted to anything like "all that people have to say about what they think HubPages did and does wrong"? 

Marisa told Izzy that unpublishing her articles might not be a helpful practice. Now you have told Izzy not to take down all of her articles.  I guess it's okay for you to say it, but not for Marisa to say essentially the same thing?

Sophia, congratulations!

Sorry Aficionada - you need to go read that my response to Marisa was in response to her and then to what Greekgeek said. Typical of people coming into the forums and commenting without reading what is actually going on.

My advice to Izzy was a side bar that you have no clue about.

1. Aficionada profile image78
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I did read the entire thread - several times, in fact.  Maybe you overlooked some things too - such as the fact that I was commenting that people who don't know you well might possibly read your responses as having an angry tone which you perhaps did not mean to convey.  I still think that, but I am open to seeing some evidence to the contrary.
        Obviously lol!  In fact, the one comment in this thread that offers a glimmer of hope for my opinion of you (which, I totally understand, means absolutely nothing to you, nor should it) is the fact that Izzy says you are her best friend online.  That alone elevates you higher than anything you have written here or anywhere else has or will.

Your comment to Marisa essentially implied that she is wrong to think that Paul Edmondson could ever be wrong - or at least wrong to express that thought publicly.  But you yourself, by advising Izzy to ignore Paul's advice, have basically implied de facto that he is wrong, even if your reasons for implying that are different from Marisa's.

25. ytsenoh profile image61
    ytsenohposted 12 years ago

Sophia, congratulations.  And thanks to everyone else from what I've learned in this forum through the thread.

26. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Just jumping in here before I delete all my hubs as advised by Paul E.

I love wavegirl to death, she's a real honey, but i also love Marisa to bits too.

Marisa was the first person who ever helped me online, and that sort of thing never goes unnoticed.

Or unforgotten.

So I guess that makes me jump in the middle somewhere.

While it is true that Paul, as part of Hubpages, is consdered a sviour by many here, he didn't save me.

In fact, he seemed to go out of his way to dump me and my hubs that he considered to be keywrod stuffed and unnatural.
    Funny he didn't feel that way when the self same stupid hubs were getting plenty traffic. Don't forget that I only saw 60%.

So one daft hub, written for sexy cat people, whoever they are, has seriously compromised the rest of my hubs, according to Paul.

He might well be right.

It is now 5 months since  have seen serious traffic despite the fact that I consider myself to be a serious writer, that is of course despite the fact the 'sexy cats' was one of mine.

Well y'know, all of us need a little help sometime, and none was forthcoming for me.

I might change my mind tomorrow, in fact  hope  do, but right now I am having a little hissy fit, OK?

1. Aficionada profile image78
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Izzy, if anyone has earned the right to have a little hissy fit, I think it's you.  You have been steadfast, staunch and stalwart in the face of an awful situation, and you have been the peacemaker and cheerleader in HP disagreements more times than I can count.  I would think that everyone who has seen how you have been treated has been amazed at your courage during this bleak time.  I would join you in your hissy fit, if I knew how to!

But may I throw out one more thing to think about, before you get too far in the deletion process?

Some things I have read have indicated that the Google Sandbox (or whatever it is - technically, I don't think it's actually the Sandbox) often lasts for a period of six months.  Remember how things changed on HP exactly six months after the first Panda? 

So, if you are already five months in, as frustrating as it would be to wait it out, might there not be some rationale for waiting another six weeks or so before doing anything as drastic as deleting all of your Hubs?  Some of them, maybe, if you think it wise.  But if you dump them all, so close to the time of a possible change (close, percentage-wise; I know that six weeks is not "close" in internet time), how will you know if the Sandbox is lifted?

I think it makes sense to move some and delete some, and I don't have the sense to suggest which ones to move or delete.  But I personally think it would not make sense to delete all of them.

Also, remember that Paul's advice was given earlier in this process. Would that make any difference in how it might apply now?

Well said, Aficionada!

2. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For what it's worth, I keep thinking this too Izzy.

2. Susana S profile image90
      Susana Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have some suggestions for you Izzy. They might help and they might not as I only have my own experience to go on (which is why I haven't touted it as the solution on how to recover), but it would be worth a try IMHO.

If you're unpublishing hubs, unpublish amazon/affiliate sales focused ones. Make sure you have less sales hubs than info hubs. Go for at least a 60/40 split.

Take amazon/aff links completely off of info hubs.

Remove any amazon.co.uk links.

Remove hubpages trackers from links.

Unpublish any hubs that you feel are not good quality.

Wait.

This is basically what I did after Aug 10th and my account did recover on the following Panda run. It might work for you too smile

27. LoriSoard profile image66
    LoriSoardposted 12 years ago

Congrats! This is inspiring to those of us just getting starting and seeing a few dollars in the account in a month. Yuck. A friend of mine has been working with me on trying to get my stats up. Maybe one day.

28. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 12 years ago

Congrats! Sophia and wish you to get regular payment in coming months.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)