New Year's Eve and Home Alone

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (45 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Anyone else spending New Year's Eve home alone and not waking up with a hangover in 2012?

1. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I just did! well, not exactly alone, just with a friend, but still it was pretty boring! I love going out, so I was a bit disappointed this year with everybody else doing there own thing, but I sat and drank a small bottle of Champagne so it dulled the boredom! have a great night even if you are alone, get out the drink and put your feet up!

paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Looks like Fix News will be playing some music and reviewing Year 2011. So it will probably be that and this. big_smile

i know it can be a lonely time, so take care, soon be 2012! strange that it is over here already!

I am alone, but not lonely. I'm glad to hear that 2012 is not a myth. I was worried about that. big_smile

2. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I did last night twas New Years Eve in Aussie Land...was home alone and it was also my birthday.....

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Happy birthday and Happy New Year BP!

1. blondepoet profile image68

Thanks Logic so where's my big sloppy kiss and plate of prawns smile

2. wordscribe43 profile image90
        wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Happy belated birthday, BP!!!

awwww thanks xxxxx

3. georgethegent profile image61
      georgethegentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've just woken up on Jan 1st, the night before spent drinking Earl Grey with a little lemon in it and eating choco bikkies. Perfect!!!

1. georgethegent profile image61
        georgethegentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, and Happy New Year to all around!!!

4. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i never.I like waking up early 1st of every year. smile Happy new year to one and all in this world.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I stayed in this new year too! I spent Hogmanay painting the basement walls, went upstairs for the Bells - live on TV from somewhere in Madrid - mumbled Happy New Year to him (no kisses or cuddles, but who cares), and went back to work.

Exciting stuff, eh? No hangover for me tomorrow, but hey I am stiff and sore from all the bending exercise I got from painting!

Hi, Izzy, seems like a lot of us are doing different things, at this moment I am watching Rio celebrate! wish I was there, lovely and warm!

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Hey, IzzyM! smile

When I replied to Nell's post, you post wasn't there. I come back  and there is your post between Nell's and mine. There are apparently overseas time delays, but not for all overseas. I find that interesting.

I also like the home alone thing today. I am regrouping for the new year.

3. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I'm home alone and working, as I have a huge translation project to complete by January 25, which I started two days ago. It will mean little time for anything else, but will bring in more than two months' worth of average income.

I always hated going out for New Year when I was forced to do so by partners in the past. I don't see any particular significance in the number on the calendar changing!

I could certainly use a project or two... smile

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

After 10+ years, I am still amazed at how the market for medical translation never dries up. I started doing it as a sideline for a bit of extra cash, never expecting it would one day become my primary source of income.

1. Michele Travis profile image66
          Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well my family is here and we are watching old reruns on tv.  We are watching the old Star Trek right now.   I am sort of boring, like my hubs smile

Tribbles!!!

Don't eat them!!!

Sautéed tribble; now there's a thought...

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

It's my guess that you are probably set for life.

set on the couch with the computer in my lap.

4. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I am not alone!  and I would never admit it if I was!  ME? alone on New Year's Eve?  no no no!  I'm surrounded by loving friends and family we're eating marvelous food and some are drinking (although even in my lies I can't say I'm drinking, for some weird reason) - oh, who am I kidding?  I seem to have plenty of time to roam around on the net looking for some kind of fun.  any weirdness, any weirdness at all would be nice! lol

This is certainly the right place. lol

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

http://neatnik2009.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/trouble-with-tribbles-10.jpg

I love that:)

smile

don't forget to saute them..

6. paradigmsearch profile image60

I can't believe all the scraps going on in the other forums as we speak.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60

A repost:

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

I hope you have a Happy New Year smile

And I you. smile

8. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
    Mark Twain

9. donotfear profile image85
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

I'm chillin out with my grandson watching Ghostbuster's II. Thank God I don't have to worry about a hangover............

13 years sobriety!!!!!

10. paradigmsearch profile image60

I wonder if the last poster of Year 2011 (HP time) wins a prize...

And likewise the first poster of Year 2012.

It wont be me for either, I'll be sound asleep. Unless all the gunshots wake me up.

11. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

Happy days! daze. so yeah, I made peanut/cashew cookies!  the sun is shining.  I bet I can't think of anything to say for the rest of the day!

give me some new year, NOW!!  big_smile

12. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

I think the last time I went out to celebrate the new year was around 1980.  I would have been eight at the time, and my dad, who was wearing his kilt threw up in the taxi on the way home, which my mom had to clean up, and give the taxi driver a huge tip.  For some reason, I have never been attracted to the celebrations of New Year's Eve since.

13. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Then you deserve a happier New Year this year blondepoet smile

Big hugs beautiful thankyou xx

14. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Belated Happy B beautiful!!

and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Thanks a million.....hope you have happy new year xxxxxxxxxx

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)