jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I just got a nasty email from Hubpages and I don't know why

1. 59
    bird safeposted 9 years ago

Here is the message I got.  The link to the page is there if you guys can help me understand what I did wrong I would appreciate it.

Dear bird safe,

Your Hub has been flagged by our system as a violation of our Terms of Use.

Overly Promotional - Solely or excessively promotes another site(s), especially when Hub links all point to one site.

A link to your Hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Bird_Cage_Safety

To rectify: You must have no more than 1-2 links to any one domain. You might consider adding more original content, or legitimate links to other online resources that complement this Hub's topic.

Your Hub has been unpublished, giving you the opportunity to edit it and make it compliant with our Terms of Use. When you are ready to have HubPages review it again, please publish the Hub, click the [learn more] link in the top notification pane of your Hub, and then click the "Request a Review of this Hub" link.

2. JRobin profile image60
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

I had the same problem the first time I joined Hubpages a week ago.

Basicly, you have too many links on your hubpage to the same website. They call that Spamming. Simpily remove the links so there is only one or two, and re-submit it, and it should be published again.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

It doesn't look like the links in that hub even work (or www.theparrotrescue.ca is down).   I'd suggest just removing them, republishing, and submitting the hub for review so the spam flag can be cleared.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 9 years ago

That email seems quite straightforward.  What part of it don't you understand?