jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Will my HubScore ever go up?

1. BfoBarney profile image60
    BfoBarneyposted 4 years ago

I know this is a very stupid and ignorant question but I'm sorry I had to ask. I've read several hubs regarding the topic and I believe I have gotten nowhere. I understand what your score is based on, but even though I am publishing hubs, following fellow hubbers, reading hubs and commenting my score seems to keep diminishing.

Is this part of the beginner stage?
    Will it eventually rise as my hubs receive more views?

I am just asking for some reassurance that I won’t always be going downhill from here on in.

1. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to hubpages and happy new year. Please read the following link for the answer. All the best.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

There have been a number of posts from people in similar positions to yourself. Glancing through your hubtivity I note that you are following quite a lot of people over short periods- stop!
    Just read and comment, the HP algorithim seems to think that a lot of following is part of a "spam" pattern.
    I had a look at your latest hub and I have to admit it is not my area of interest, although it did seem to read well. I think I would have made it a little longer and added some pictures to keep the visitor reading. In these early stages you need to get the Voted Up button clicked by fellow hubbers.

So in conclusion my advice to you, stop adding new people to follow, read AND comment on hubs, and perhaps revisit your own content.

Good luck it will work out with perservance.

3. angela p profile image86
    angela pposted 4 years ago

Your profile says you are 16 years old.  I think you have to be 18 to have an account on hubpages.  Not that this is affecting your score but you may have other problems like getting your account cancelled.

4. barryrutherford profile image37
    barryrutherfordposted 4 years ago

You can learn from the mistakes of some of us that have been here for a while.  for instance on your computer addiction hub did you do a keyword search on ADwords before choosing the title?

The learning centre on this page is a excellent source of pointers for newbies.