jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

As page views go up my CPM goes down. Reason? Advice?

1. Max Dalton profile image80
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

My page views are inching upward, but my CPM is creeping downward. Is this common? The crux of my reason for asking is that I'm trying to be realistic in projecting the future earnings of my hubs, and I've kind of looked at a CPM of $7 as realistic, but now I'm questioning that as my page views increase and my daily CPM drops. Thoughts?

1. SimeyC profile image86
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same happens to me! I'm assuming the areas where I have increased traffic aren't particularly attractive to advertisers (historically little or no click-throughs) and therefore the overall CPM goes down.

2. Rock_nj profile image90
      Rock_njposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just experienced the same CPM dip after a Hub I wrote about the Pending Facebook IPO started getting massive Google traffic after the story that Facebook is filing for its IPO hit the wires.  Kind of disappointing since when one is getting 100s of hits per day a drop in the CPM makes a big difference in the payout.  The drop in CPM was significant for me, down 50% to 70% per CPM.  My guess is low quality viewers that did not click ads.  :-(

2. Max Dalton profile image80
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

Hi Simey,

Thanks. That makes sense.