jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (41 posts)

Help! I keep losing an accolade!

1. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 5 years ago

Last week, I woke up to find 1 of my 9 accolades missing.  I contacted the team at Hubpages, and they responded by saying that it seems to be there now.  Yep. It came back, so I had nine.

Woke up today to find my 9th accolade missing again.  What is going on? Anybody else have this problem ever?

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Check under your keyboard. I usually find it there.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know and I honestly couldn't care less.  Accolades are only there to feed the Hubber's ego, they don't do anything to improve your readership or earn extra income.  I don't even know which ones I've got.

Well..., they let other Hubbers know if you are awesome. big_smile

I just checked yours. 1M is not bad!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  I only noticed that one because someone posted on the forums to congratulate me!

2. Pcunix profile image88
          Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use them as part of my judgment as to whether to follow someone.  They are sonetimes helpful.

3. DeborahNeyens profile image97
      DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  It was the hubber community accolade.  It seemed to appear and disappear at random for a couple of months, regardless of my hub-hopping or comments in the forums.  But it's been back now for a few weeks without disappearing.  I suppose I've hit the required activity level for it to stick around, if not permanently, then at least for a while.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Certain accolades take repeated participation in order for you to keep them.

1. Pcunix profile image88

Which ones?

I don't pay a lot of attention to those things so might not have noticed if I lost one..

In the second row, I have one that you don't. It's the adorability one. To attain this one, you must become as lovable as I am.

That is far beyond my abilities.  Do they have one for grumpy old curmudgeons that I might aspire to?

I immediately thought of an excellent answer to that. Namely to check a certain person's profile. If that accolade existed, it would definitely show up there. However, it's too early in the year to start another cat-fight. lol

It's never too early for a GOOD cat fight..

One of my resolutions was to stay out of the religion forums, but I already feel a rant coming on...

3. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Jeez, I skip the forums for a day-and-a-half and HP rips off one of my accolades. It was my be-nice-to-others accolade. Tough town, tough town. lol

I guess I'm going to have to go find someone to be nice to. big_smile

I guess I'll never get that one :-)

Actually, I've seen you make several helpful, good-info posts. I don't know why HP hasn't given you that one.

Of course, they'll just take it away again. big_smile

Ayup.  And who could blame them?  I am a hate filled, truly nasty person with nothing but evil in my heart.. or so I'm told here, anyway :-)

4. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I must have just lost one too as I know the rows were even a few days back and now they are not.

I don't know which one though..

Same as me, the lovability one. lol

Well, heck, I never see anyone complaining about your black heart..  it must be an error.

I've made a couple worthy posts today, so hopefully I'll be back in HP's good graces by tomorrow.

You know, I've done some HubHopping lately, which I suppose is part of that accolade, but I am having a hard time because I really feel that I'm too damn critical.

I see lots of stuff that I just skip by - it isn't good, but it isn't really bad and I just can't figure out what to say.  Then there are all these "business card" hubs that are plainly promoting a business and again they aren't necessarily "bad" but I'm not sure they belong HERE.

I see so much stuff that I really think is substandard, but I'm not sure it is by HP's standards and as they refuse to give much guidance on those issues (and yeah, I know that's hard to do) I get discouraged and quit..  I don't want to add to staff's burden by flagging dozens and dozens of hubs that they are going to say are fine.. aarrgh!

Mine is back again and so is yours. big_smile

Both are now gone again, I kid you not. To hell with it. big_smile

But my traffic is way up.  Analytics will tell me way tomorrow, but right now I'm not sure why..

Nah, this was the lovability accolade that they took away again. We were both good little forum Hubbers today, and this is how we are rewarded? I guess I'll go write some more hubs instead. big_smile

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
              SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I feel exactly the same way about hub hopping. If a hub is obviously spun I will flag it, but otherwise, if it's not engaging or if it's written poorly, I don't know what to do and just go to the next one. I don't have the heart to vote a hub down. I end up skipping many of them.

5. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

I kinda like the accolades... they are something to keep me motivated.  Within the next couple weeks I should be getting the one year, the 50 hubs, and the 10k views ones.  It gives me a little glow... (I'm pathetic... I know)

We can see the glow in your picture, in fact :-)

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
        MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LMAO!  I need to get that picture fixed.  It looks okay on my laptop and P.C. but on my son's laptop it looks pixelated.  I have no idea why. 

The glow there was from being outside in the late fall running after the small one.

Did you catch them?  There's an accolade for that - a small child in a net, if I remember correctly.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
            MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I always catch her.  I keep small pieces of chocolate with me at all times as a last resort.

Yeah, that's how my wife catches me..

6. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 5 years ago

It will probably be down the side of the sofa, as things usually are.

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

forum accolade fluctuates daily for me-when i post it disappears if i do not, poof back again??????????? quite funny really hmm:

8. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago

And now that I've posted to the forums a few times today, my hubscore is dropping precipitously.  Coincidence?

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

SOMEONE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

1. sofs profile image88
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

9. WD Curry 111 profile image59
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Here, take one of mine.

No, no . . . I want it back . . . my accolade! I need my accolade!

10. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

I have one that has been coming and going for the entire time I have been here. I have finally decided, after extensive investigation, that it has to do with whether the hubpage computer is in a good mood or a bad mood.

working