jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Anchor Text Question

1. arizonataylor profile image82
    arizonataylorposted 4 years ago

I'm starting to use anchor text to post backlinks, but I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.  I have converted a URL into the backlink I want, but it never quite works when I post it to forums.  I think I'm posting to forums that do not allow this kind of backlink.  Could somebody list several forums or sites that will allow anchor-text backlinks?

Thank you.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

One of the secrets to posting to alternate forums, aside from HubPages is that most forums allow you to post a "signature". That would be where you are allowed to post a "backlink".

3. JustMike profile image45
    JustMikeposted 4 years ago

Here is the way that I do it personally. I use this string of code it's simply saved in a word document and then I cut and past when I need it. Here you go.

<a href="YOUR_LINK_URL">YOUR_LINK_TEXT</a>

So you cut and paste into where you want it to appear then you take out the part where it says YOUR LINK URL and simply add the URL in there without any spaces and by the way leave quotes. Then for your anchor text you would delete the part between the less than and greater than signs that says YOUR LINK TEXT and place your link text there which is basically your anchor text. It's that simple.
    an example would be

<a href="http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/post/90167">My-Cool-Reply</a>

So the url that i used is the one from this page and the anchor text i used was my cool reply and that's how it works. Good luck.

4. 0
    Aunt Mollieposted 4 years ago

Most forums have cut down on allowing followed links in forum postings.  The same is true for comments sections on websites.  On most forums, you are usually allowed to set up a profile page and you could post your anchor text link there.  Also, article sites will allow you to post a followed, anchor text link in the author's bio. (Of course, that will require the writing of about 500 words just to get the link!)  Links aren't as easy to get as they once were.

On HubPages, you can post an anchor text link in an article.

1. JustMike profile image45
      JustMikeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can also try doing a google search for comment luv blos in whatever niche your hub is about. The nice thing about the comment luv in they expect the links.