jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Should I block a specific ad from AdSense?

1. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I heard somewhere (I cannot, for the life of me, remember where) that I should block ads from a particular website. Anyway, I was wondering if I should block it. I don't remember what the reason the person gave me was... I think it had something to do with low payout.

I don't want to block it obviously if these claims of low payout are unfounded. There are a number of other sites I DO block because I have heard from a number of sources that they payout like 1 cent per click or they don't convert well (or if I find the website offensive.)

Does anyone know of a list of websites that should be blocked and the reasoning behind the block?

What reasoning do you use in blocking a website from appearing in your hubs as an ad?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I didn't even know you could block an ad from HP! How would you do that?

2. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

In your adsense account, you can block ads. It's for your adsense account only, not HPAds or HubPages' AdSense rotation.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah thanks I see. No good to me on Hubpages as I am on HP Ads.

3. brittanytodd profile image91
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

They used to have one called adsensebacklist.com, but it has been taken offline.  Up until recently, it was in the Google Cache, but I guess Google wasn't too happy to keep it up and now it shows a blank page:
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:uIY … p;amp;cd=1

If I find another, I will let you know.  I think it is very effective for getting rid of irrelevant ads and ones that create a ton of bounces.

working