jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Non-Google non-affiliate adverts???

1. john.jackson profile image81
    john.jacksonposted 4 years ago

There are many users, including myself, who have spent countless hours writing hubs and yet are earning nothing. This is due to the fact that many of us have been banned from using Google Adsense. Obviously I regret the actions I took that resulted in my Google Adsense account being barred but that was a long time ago when I was too young and foolish.

The problem is that most of my hubs are non-commercial and do not advertise a specific product. Therefore, the Amazon and eBay affiliate programs are useless. This has meant that, after earning nothing, I am now being forced to remove my hubs from HubPages and move them across to better article sites, such as Triond who pay per view without having to use Google Adsense.

What I am calling for is an alternative advertising program wihch Hubbers can use. An advertising program that displays adverts, much in the same way as Google Adsense, but uses other advertising companies. I think this would greatly benefit the HubPages community and increase the interest in HubPages and therefore would also be in the interests of the HubPages staff.

Thank you for taking time to read this,

1. maxravi profile image3
      maxraviposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I guess HP is using adsense as it is most trusted advertising module for all bloggers and also it always pays on time.
      I would suggest HP to add some kind of text link advertising also like infolinks.

1. 2uesday profile image89
        2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think they had a version of this in the past and ended it as it was not successful. Do you recall its name as you have been here longer than me and it was in place when I joined although I never used it?

john.jacksonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it was a company named along the lines of 'konera' or something to that effect. And yes, the idea of text link advertising too, but I think that image advertising is the most effective way, especially because of the content of my hubs. I do understand that Google is the most trusted network, but unfortunately I cannot use it.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Just a note, if you use any form of advertising your hub is commercial...

You can link to other affiliate sites...not sure which ones though.

john.jacksonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I meant that the content is not commerically-based. For example, a hub on atoms is not based on a commercial subject like a camera model. Also, I would rather have adverts displayed instead of having to provide affiliate links that never seem to make that much money.