January 2012: Share Your Current Search Rankings, Please

1. Jimmy Boyd profile image79
    Jimmy Boydposted 4 years ago

I wrote several dozen entertainment articles here in years past (before Panda), some with excellent results. For example, I have over 20K views on an article about Kevin Skinner from America's Got Talent and over 10K views from my article on Barbara Padilla. While I have had some flops, as well, I would prefer to write entertainment articles here than Yahoo since they generally stopped allowing immediate publishing of Display Only articles. However, I need to get good rankings here in Hubpages if I am going to commit to writing hundreds of articles.

I can't say yet, but I don't seem to be getting good rankings with a couple of test articles I have written this week. That is, I am not even seeing the articles on the first several pages, much less first-page rankings. Is anyone else writing entertainment articles seeing good search rankings post-Panda? Thanks.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Entertainment is a tough topic as there is an extreme amount of competition.  You either have to find an untouched topic or invent an oblique niche.  What you've picked is undoubtedly being written about by thousands of people on as many sites.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I have a couple on page 1. They're a bit more obscure, but for those who know the names, they bring views. I think one of the keys with those kind of hubs is having regular updates and linking them together, and having a decent amount of content.

But I only have a few, I write on several different topics. My entertainment (music) hubs are a break from my niche oriented hubs.