jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (22 posts)

Strange comment on my Hub

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I have my settings so that I have to approve comments.  When I looked on the feed I saw a comment some nut made.  I quickly went to that Hub and denied that comment.  My question is how come it got into the feed for all the world to see?  She was thanking me for the magic potions I sent to her!

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd have left it. lol

mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

why????? She said the potions didn't work, and she is very angry with me!

lol

In that case, you were right to delete. Our comments are for satisfied customers only. big_smile

So, what do your potions do? I might be interested. big_smile

I did a product review on a back pain reliever.  Had nothing to do with potions.  She went on to say that she had spent a lot of money with "my" company on love potions and none of them worked.  She wants her money back.  I think she's a NUT.

I think you are right.

I agree with sunforged. This is minor and easily fixed. Don't lose any sleep over it. smile

No, I won't lose any sleep, but I was just curious as to how it happened.  Thanks.

2. wilderness profile image96
              wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mary, I sometimes check out a site called ripoffreport dot com, where people complain about companies ripping them off.

There are always a bunch complaining that the potions and spells they have purchased don't work.  Even when they've gone back 5 or 6 times, buying more love spells or whatever, they STILL don't work!

People can be amazing creatures.

That would be an interesting place to check out....thanks. I'm going to ake a look!

I just went there.  Fun place to read about ripoffs.  Thanks!

1. wilderness profile image96
                    wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah - like Paradigm, I like it.  You can even search for local companies, which I have found useful before.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88

I know it's off topic, but I like that site.

Here's another backlink for them, though they don't really need it.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/

2. Xenonlit profile image61
          Xenonlitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol  x 2!   Your argument in favor of blocking her comment is unassailable!

2. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

If your settings are to allow comments then all 224 of your followers could have seen the comment. In the scheme of things, I would guess that means, less than 5 people possibly saw it.

If you change your comment settings to allow for approval first, that will never happen again.

still .. "all the world" wont see stuff in the HP feed

That's what suprised me. I do have that setting that comments have to be approved.

If you are sure that you had set it properly, then proceed to http://hubpages.com/forum/4

And post:

"Unapproved comments are showing on feed. Full thread at http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/90236 "

Or send email.

Or not. smile

2. sunforged profile image63
        sunforgedposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Then most likley only your personal view of the feed showed the comment.

3. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 5 years ago

This comment was NOT from a Hubber; but from an outside source.  Maybe I should be glad the seach engine is picking it up, huh?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yup look on the bright side  smile

4. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I thought each Hubber's feed was uniquely tailored to their choices (Hubbers they follow, forum threads, questions, etc.).  If that's so, then this comment showed up in your feed because you are the Hub author, but didn't show up in anyone else's feed.  But I understand that I could be wrong about that.

Or you could be right. Someone should do a test, if suitably inspired.

2. mary615 profile image93

I'll bet you are right about that!  Guess I panicked when I saw that comment in the feed.  I'm not going to think about it anymore (unless I get another one)

working