jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is wrong with hubpages??

1. canadawest99 profile image59
    canadawest99posted 4 years ago

I went through a bunch of my hubs and instead of getting nice relevent ads, i get stuff about asian ladies and dating sites.  My couple hubs about relocatable homes have these types of ads as do many other hubs. 

My hub about Knotts Berry farm has debt settlement ads.

No wonder I am not getting any conversions.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Adsense has changed the way it chooses ads - it often shows ads based on the reader's preferences and recent search activity rather than what's relevant to the article.

Have you signed up for HP Ads?  Most people are finding that does better than Adsense these days.

I just had a look at a few of your Hubs and they're very short, more like blog posts than Hubs.  Length is a major component of HubScore these days, so I bet that's one of the reasons your score has dropped.

2. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just looked at your pages and saw no dating ads. I couldn't help noticing how short your hubs seem to be, though, and how many hubs there are.

Have you thought about producing fewer, more in depth, pages? I reckon you would get more traffic and a better income.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree, I'd recommend the OP combines two or three related Hubs together and learns how to lay them out better so the Amazon ads aren't all at the bottom.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Remember you share your impression time, split 60/40 (you/HubPages).  So for the 40% when HubPages codes are affiliated with your Hubs, their site-wide stats and relevancy is in effect.  Plus, AdSense targets user preferences and activity, so what you see is not going to be the same for other people who visit your Hubs. 

Since you said in another thread that you took an extended break from the site, you might want to visit the Learning Center or re-read the FAQ to reacquaint yourself with how the site advertising works.