jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

On Stephen Lawrence - Third hub please advise how to improve

1. ElizaDoole profile image90
    ElizaDooleposted 5 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

This is my third hub, and I thought I would place it on here, to see if people had any good points/bad points to raise, and how to improve things.

I was not sure about posting the video mentioned, should I do it anyway? The ITN you tube video had ITN adverts at the start. Wasn't sure if that might violate the TOCs on here.

http://elizadoole.hubpages.com/hub/Fina … n-Lawrence

I wrote this mainly for the international audience, to help people understand the main parts of the Lawrence saga. It's massive news in the UK. Is news good to write about? Successful as hubs in your experiences?

Please make whatever points you like, etc. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Eliza

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

News isn't a good thing to write about as the traffic may come for a few days then die off permanently. But if you can rank in the top 5 for it and you think there are going to be thousands and thousands searching go for it!

ElizaDooleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I suspected as much. I really pushed the boat out to see if I could get an accurate article out the same day as the big newspaper writers. Was a challenge, I admit.

1. lobobrandon profile image81
          lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure it was. And you'll have to compete with all the leading news channels as well as newspaper sites as well as online news sites - definitely a tough challenge. And you get the news from media which implies someone already knows about it and definitely many are writing about it trying to secure high rankings big_smile

2. Writer Fox profile image80
    Writer Foxposted 5 years ago

I read your article and, because you just published this, I recommend that you delete this Hub and start over with a new title and URL.  Use this:  Stephen Lawrence.  It's not cute or catchy, but it's how people are looking for your information on Google.

For the first heading in your first text capsule, use the same title.  For the second text capsule, use this as the title:  The Murder of Stephen Lawrence.  For the third text capsule, use this as the title:  Macpherson report.

You can still use your more creative titles; just don't use them as capsule titles.  Instead, begin the text capsule with your titles in bold and skip a line.  It will draw the reader's attention.

The keywords I found have little competition and you should do well with them.  Even when the story will be off the news, I think people will be looking for the information for many years to come.

ElizaDooleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Writer Fox, I've made the changes you suggested. The Macpherson report is only a tag though, as I only had two text capsules, so I did that instead. I will be interested to see how this works. I guess the principle is that in the text underneath the search result they will see my catchy titles, and be drawn in.
      Am going to follow you!

1. Writer Fox profile image80
        Writer Foxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I hope these changes work out well for you.  The search results will most often take the information that you include on the "Summary" feature on your Hub.

working