jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Leftover Halloween Candy

1. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 8 years ago

What do I do with leftover Halloween Candy?

I bought from Sams Club way too much candy and hardly any kids showed up at office/home. I try to refrain from keeping candy at home as I have the bad habit of nibbling in the night when I am hungry. Also at the office it's too tempting to have it at close quarters and ended up having 6  bars since yesterday (including 2 mini candy bars last night). I want to know if there are any places that accept leftover candy or anything else can be done?

2. guidebaba profile image60
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

Courier them to me. I just LOVE Them. tongue tongue tongue

countrywomenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you are around my house I would have gladly handed it over. tongue (P.S: As I mentioned earlier I reside at Seattle, Washington) hence if you know if there is anyway I could donate to any organization which accepts the opened carton of chocolates as otherwise I will have to parcel it to India when somebody is flying back home whatever is still left over by then tongue .)

3. guidebaba profile image60
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

I got it. You are Originally from India. Where in India ? I am from Calcutta.

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

Just eat them.  Candy is yummy, and all this concern over health food and how we look destroys our ability to just enjoy being alive.  Tomorrow is not promised to you, Countrywomen, but that candy melting sweet upon your rapturously happy tongue IS promised and stands only a few tugs on the wrapper away.

countrywomenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Shades- I should have known better from whom to seek advice...hehe. But seriously the quote "A Moment on the Lips, Forever on the Hips" is so true on me....LOL. Iam seriously trying to reduce weight and almost an hour of treadmill hardly burns 500 calories(Iam already consuming a 1500-2000 calorie diet). I know tomorrow is not promised to anyone but If at all I get past today then I would like to be lighter tomorrow....LOL

5. Veronica profile image89
    Veronicaposted 8 years ago

I brought mine to the Humane Society where we volunteer. Lots of volunteers up there that I thought would like the treats. I bring them extra foods from parties, and snacks and sodas and stuff. They seem to really appreciate it. And nothing goes to waste.

Maybe there's a local charity you support, and you could give the candy to them for their volunteers? I bet even food pantries might take it.

working