My introduction to you-- Hubpages and Hubpagers

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    marinky88posted 12 years ago

It's 2:15am and I'm still wide awake. I made this Hubpages account just a few hours ago. I wanted to wait until tomorrow to post anything, but after extensive, intellectual thought I came to the conclusion that tomorrow is never "here."
    I have so many questions about Hubpages. I can really just blab on and on about anything and everything? I don't have to stick to tutorials such as "what to do after the beep when your phone call is forwarded?"
    Because, if not, Hubpages- you may just have become my new best friend (wait till Facebook heard about this).

I must be honest.. I decided to join hubpages because I heard I can earn a few extra bucks... Yes, the cone of shame sits on me this very second. But, may I try to redeem myself by saying that I've been considering becoming a blogger for the past few months? Ok fine, it was like 12 days ago- big difference. Only problem was I didn't know what I would write about? I don't think anyone would be interested in my doctorate style paper about my closet clothes. And my "money making" google search earlier tonight just gave me a reason to say "why not?"
    It gave me a cute, giggly, jumpy feeling smile

So.. Why don't I introduce myself to you?

My name is Mari. I'm from California. I love going to church and working with the youth and children's ministries. I'm engaged to be wed to the most charming man I've ever met. I DO NOT enjoy long walks on the beach. I hate caramel but absolutely LOVE jack in the box's caramel iced coffees. I love nail polish. I love my pet chihuahua Lilly. I have an older brother who's one of the funniest guys ever and is amazingly talented (seriously! I'm about to post an ad for his artwork on Craigslist once I'm done here). My younger sister is still in high school. My fiancé is a musician at his church and is currently looking for a job (whap, whap...). My parents are amazing. Very tough and strict also. Most Hispanic parents are though; right?
    I like to tell all my Facebook friends where I am, what I'm doing, what I'm thinking, and what I'm watching at all times of the day. I have reason to believe they like to check up on me. Yeah right.

I can't foretell What I will be writing about here. I'm guessing my wedding plans, stresses, breakdowns, lessons. A few spiritual lessons. I'm really hoping for it to be a random "diary" of my life. Unless hubpages is made for tutorials. In which case I guess I can learn to do something, or teach you how to..... Yeah i don't know. I can definitely teach you how to not do many things. That might be fun.

Hope you all have a goodnight; good morning, good evening, or whatever fits you best--- happy Thursday.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP Mari, you will find this community helpful.  You may find it useful to read the http://hubpages.com/faq/ and the learning section articles before you start off.. it maybe an investment worth your time. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I HATE chihuahuas! Every time one of those little yappers bites my ankles, I drop kick it 40 yards downwind. However, welcome to HP anyway. big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, chihuahuas were originally bred to be eaten by Aztec royalty.  They kept them fat and happy until dinnertime.  Seriously!  Ergo the term "Hot Dog!"  mad

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
          paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/beer_logic/hot_dog1.jpg

Gotta have mustard for a good tasting dog!  tongue

2. leahlefler profile image94
          leahleflerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really? Yikes!

Mari, you could write a hub on the origin of the Chihuahua! See - more ideas just from one forum post.

I think I've already mentioned this fact in one of my hubs, "The first American Dog" but you are right, many are not aware that the chihuahua is perhaps the last remaining breed of dogs of the Native Americans.  Even the Inuit breeds have been interbred in many cases.  smile

2. Ehtesham12 profile image41
    Ehtesham12posted 12 years ago

Welcome Marinky, . Have a nice sleep tongue and think about your first hub. In start its difficult but Hubbers make it easy for you. smile

3. profile image0

Wish I would've seen these comments before posting my last whatever it was.
    Thanks to both, but I think hubpages is a bit out of my league.

1. Michele Travis profile image67
      Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Marinky88  I am a newbie also, but still write hubs.  They are not very good, but am trying to improve them.  As I wrote in another hub  the people here are nice, and it is a good place to learn about different things.  I read more hubs then I have tried to write.  Hope you stay.  It can bet better.  smile

1. profile image0
        marinky88posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can't argue with nice. Everyone does seem nice and helpful. Like I've traveled to a different era lol

I like what I've seen... I don't adapt easily so we'll just have to wait and see smile

1. Michele Travis profile image67
          Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok,  I understand that.

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Welcome to HP! Stick around!

5. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Welcome!  Judging from your OP you could have a great future on HP.  It will take some time, it will take study and learning, but you can do it.

Study up in the learning center, talk to the other hubbers (a most helpful bunch).  If you are new to online writing you have a lot of learning to do, but it is well worth it.  When someone from across the world thanks you for writing a hub, it leaves a good feeling behind.  And as the $$ begin to come that doesn't hurt, either.

Have fun!

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

Welcome!  Listen to everything that habee and wilderness have to say. They know their stuff! big_smile

7. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

What do you have to lose?  smile

8. leahlefler profile image94
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

Hi Mari! Stick around and write a few hubs - judging from your intro, you have the ability to write!

You can use your personal experience with wedding planning to give advice to others going through the same process. Not every hub is a "how to" article. We have poets, short story fiction writers, etc. on this site.

While HP isn't a "blog," you can write articles on your personal experience that will help others. Writing about the lessons you've learned, spiritual growth, etc. will enrich the lives of others and may earn you some $ on the side.

Stop by the learning center and look at a few basic things, but don't be intimidated. I wrote a few hubs when I started - I have had to revise some of them, but a few are earning money. You learn-as-you-go, and the hubs mature (in the eyes of the search engines) and start to pick up hits. Plus, the main wedding season (May-July) is coming up, and if you write your hubs now, you might get a nice little traffic bump around that time of year!

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

10. profile image0

You all are so nice... You put a smile on my face smile
    I applied for  Google AdSense.. It said my application would be reviewed within a week... I was denied a few hours later.. bummer... but It did mention i did not have enough to work with. I'm on my desktop today, not my phone, so I'll take some time to explore a bit smile

As for the chihuahua's.... I know everyone says they have the cutest dog... no joke- I do. she's not full chihuahua. she's bilingual wink beat that lol and very obedient.... eating those poor things... not what i want mine for... the puppy between the hot dog buns... too cute... hope the little guy made it through dinner time smile

11. leahlefler profile image94

Write a few hubs, wait a week or two, then apply again. They'll approve it once you have some writing up.

Also? You need to write a hub about your bilingual Chihuahua. That is interesting!

12. profile image0

I have officially published my first Hub! Hooray!! I'd love to get some insight from all you lovely people if possible. smile

A hub about my Lilly? I will give some thought to that... Sounds like a challenge smile

13. leahlefler profile image94

Good on you for getting one done!

As you go along, you do different things with the text - like use more than one text capsule to break up text, use pictures to illustrate different points, and even add video (from youtube or uploaded directly to Hubpages, once that feature is available to everyone). I see you found the poll capsule - that one is great for making hubs a little more interactive.

Keep up the good work!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)