jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Food Hub

1. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 4 years ago

I have never written a food hub before, here are my first two, based on the same cake pops smile Would be very interested on peoples feed back with regard to writing hubs about food/recipes.

http://dipless.hubpages.com/hub/How-to- … ting-Ideas

http://dipless.hubpages.com/hub/Cake-Po … -Birthdays

Thanks in Advance

1. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Reading the Cake Pop one.

You started with the presumption that everybody knows what a "cake pop" is. (It's obvious to me once I read through like 2 paragraphs, but it's not THAT obvious)  I admit I don't have kids and I'm middle-aged, so I didn't know what a cake pop is. smile   Now I do! big_smile

Have you thought about marking the sticks on the side so you don't "over-stick" it? If you line up like 10-20 of them and just draw across it on its edge you can mark the right length to "stick" into.

I think you can get the stir sticks at places like Grocery Outlet, Smart & Final, and similar restaurant supply shops, so you don't *have* to raid the local coffee shop. big_smile

diplessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for taking your time to look at them smile I'll make sure that I make it obvious what they are and go and work in a descriptive first paragraph smile

Thats not a bad idea with the sticks, the only problem with that is that you use some of the covering to help stick the cake pop to the stick so it would cover any markings you made sad But it's a good idea.

Indeed you can but in the UK things like this seems to be hard to come by anywhere other than the internet. If anyone knows of somewhere i'd be happy to know smile However it is fun to raid the local coffee shop wink Plus it's a good excuse for a coffee and a spout of people watching.

2. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

Visited your hub and will have to make some cake pops with my grand children. Well written and the pictures bring it home. I can see where these will be a hit at any party!

diplessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for your kind words, hope you and your grandchildren enjoy them smile Indeed they will be.