jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Eggs and baskets ... where else can I write?

1. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

It often comes up on the forums that you should not have all your 'writing eggs' in one basket.

Following through on that thought can anyone recommend another place to start writing apart from my own blogs and here.

I do not think I will be good at a technically demanding site that needs for example computer languages to add articles/pages or adjust layouts. When I write the way the page looks is important to me too. Any ideas, a bit of income from it would be nice. Also in the past I have found that I cannot sign up for some sites as I am in the UK not USA.

2. Wayne K. WIlkins profile image86
    Wayne K. WIlkinsposted 5 years ago

I have written for Helium.com for almost six years. They accept people from all over the world. However, payments aren't as good as they used to be in my opinion, which is why I spend more time on HP now. Helium is a viable option, though. I also write for dooyoo.co.uk, not sure if they ship cheques abroad, but, you can cash in your accrual for amazon vouchers, which is a cheeky bonus now and then. I'd recommend both!

3. 2uesday profile image87

Thanks Wayne - I just took a look at dooyoo.co.uk and it looks like a review site similar to ciao, I will take another look at it soon. I think that I may have signed up at Helium in the past, but then started to write here and never got started on Helium. Thanks for the ideas.

1. Wayne K. WIlkins profile image86
      Wayne K. WIlkinsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

DooYoo and Ciao are very similar, but I was already well into DooYoo before I knew about Ciao, but most DooYoo writers actually write to both and publish their reviews on both sites. Can't comment on Ciao, never actually used it!

4. 2uesday profile image87

That is worth knowing as I started writing on Ciao before I joined HubPages. I just did not buy new things often enough to spark off many reviews. Maybe I need to take another look at that approach.

working